CHAPTER 63: ENVOY

GIGGADON EMPIRE IMPERIAL PALACE.

THRONE ROOM.

"Is what you said true?"

Izzak asked the envoy in a confused tone.

"Yes, every word I have just spoken are the words of the emperor himself,"

Ralphye, the envoy sent by the Thorka Empire, replied.

The room fell into silence as Emperor Maximus, Izzak, and the lord chamberlain stared at Ralphye intently.

*TAP*

*TAP*

*TAP*

Emperor Maximus tapped the edge of his throne's armrest three times, his gaze fixed on Ralphye with an amused expression.

"Heh, from how fast his heart is beating, I can tell he's afraid of exposing the fact that the old man is dead. However, I already found out that, through Shadow... Though the old man wasn't as strong as I am, he could unite all the kingdoms and empires in the south to prevent my army from conquering the South. And with him serving as the leader of 'SOTO,' I had to stop my conquest of the South. But now that he's dead, the 'SOTO' is like a snake who lost its head. So, why..."

Emperor Maximus pondered in his mind as he stared at Ralphye.

Lord Chamberlain glanced towards the throne and noticed Emperor Maximus lost in thought. Sensing the opportune moment, he shifted his gaze away towards Ralphye, the envoy from the Thorka Empire, before addressing him.

"So, what is the Emperor of Thorka willing to pay for this aid? Please think carefully before speaking,"

Lord Chamberlain said with a fierce gaze.

"Yes, for your invaluable assistance, the Thorka Empire is prepared to extend a generous array of offerings to the Giggadon Empire..."

Ralphye began, his voice carrying a tone of significance.

---------------------------------------------------

MEANWHILE, IN THE VALKARIE PALACE.

HELENA'S ROOM.

*CLICK*

*CREAK DOOR OPENING*

"Ahhhhh... finally, I can take off this stupid dress,"

Helena exclaimed as she entered her room, followed by Nora and Grace.

"Princess, don't say that. I think you look beautiful in the dress,"

Nora said in response to Helena's remark.

As Grace was about to step through the doorway into Helena's room, she received a message sent to her mind through a communication scroll.

[COMMUNICATION SCROLL: A SCROLL INBUED WITH TELEPATHY MAGIC. IT'S USED TO SEND MESSAGES TO THE MIND OF A TARGET. IT ONLY WORKS IF THE TARGET IS WITHIN FIFTEEN MILES, AND THE SCROLL NEEDS TO HAVE A RECORD OF THE TARGET'S MANA TO LOCATE THE TARGET WITHIN ITS RANGE.]

"Lady Grace..."

the message began.

"!?"

Grace was surprised by the sudden message and stopped at the doorway, wearing a strange smile.

Nora noticed Grace's behavior and turned to look at her with a curious gaze. "Huh? Grace, why are you just standing at the doorway? Come in quickly, we need to prepare a bath for Her Highness,"

Nora said, puzzled by Grace's actions.

Upon seeing Nora's gaze, Grace realized she needed to come up with a convincing excuse to leave and attend to the information she received from the Guild. However, she found herself struggling to find the right words.