CHAPTER 64: AMBUSH

IN HELENA'S ROOM

*RUFFLE *RUFFLE*

"Wow, the princess's hair has become even softer and more luscious. As expected of the hair of..." Nora thought to herself with a smile on her face as she gently dried Princess Helena's wet hair with a towel in front of the dressing table.

"Nora?..." Helena called.

"Yes, Your Highness," Nora replied.

"I know you must have heard about the change in the empire's succession law," Helena said in a serious tone.

"Yes, Your Highness. I have heard such rumors," Nora cautiously replied, aware of the sensitivity surrounding the imperial family. However, she believed these rumors to be lies, especially since the birth of the first prince of the Giggadon Empire.

"It might be surprising, but those rumors are true. All children of imperial blood, both male and female, are now allowed to fight for the throne of the Great Giggadon Empire," Helena announced.

*WHOOSH STANDS*

After speaking, Helena got up from the dressing table's chair and turned towards Nora, causing the towel in her hair to fall to the floor.

*THUD*

It took Nora a few moments to react, still processing the shock of Helena's words.

"Oh, no, I'm sorry, Your Highness. I was distracted by my thoughts and allowed your favorite green towel to touch the floor," Nora said with a trembling voice as she picked up the towel.

"But don't worry, Your Highness. Everything will be okay," she added, dusting off the perfectly clean towel nervously with her hand.

Nora's reaction was to be expected. As the daughter of a former noble household, she knew firsthand how dangerous and frightening the Giggadon Empire's succession battles could be. Even in baronial households, sibling rivalry and betrayal were common occurrences and somewhat encouraged. But compared to that, the imperial family's succession battles were like natural disasters to the common people. However, due to the peaceful resolution of the last succession battle, the current generation of young nobles and commoners in the empire do not know the horrors that occurred when the battles begin.

"Why is this happening? I thought that since the prince was born, there would be no need for a succession battle, as the only male child of His Majesty has the right to be named the heir to the throne. This has always been the rule of the empire. But now, allowing the princesses the right to fight for the throne will send the empire into chaos... Oh no! When the conflict starts, my family will be pulled into it since I serve Her Highness. I... I have to warn them to leave the empire before the conflict begins. I have to warn them," Nora panicked, worried, and scared, chewing on the top of her right thumb.

"Nora! Nora!" Helena yelled Nora's name but received no response. Seeing Nora having a nervous breakdown, Helena levitated in the air and flew closer to Nora's face, delivering a light slap.

*SMACK! *

Nora's head moved slightly to the side, and she exclaimed, "Ouch, that hurt," as she held her cheek.

"Now that you've snapped out of it, will you listen to what I'm saying?" Helena asked, annoyance evident in her tone.

"I-I'm sorry, Your Highness," Nora stammered, turning her gaze towards Helena, who was floating in the air right before her eyes.

"Kyaaaah!..." Nora yelled in surprise, seeing Princess Helena levitating in the air, Then Nora fell to the ground. She looked up at the princess with a shocked expression, thinking to herself, "Is Her Highness really flying right now? Or am I just hallucinating due to the shock of hearing about the succession battle? If not, it means the princess, a female like me who can't use mana, is doing something I have only seen wizards do... Wait a minute, this means my suspicions about the princess and Grace were right."

"Nora, listen. I am a—"

"AN ANGEL!" Nora interrupted Helena's words.

"...What?!" Helena exclaimed, confused by Nora's words and expression.

"...Wait, wait a minute. I am not—"

*WHOOSH*

Before Helena could explain further, Nora bowed down to worship her.

"Why aren't you listening? I said that I am not an angel. This is just the result of my cultivation—"

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

Helena's words were once again interrupted by a loud knock at the door.

---------------------------------------------------------

MEANWHILE, IN THE EASTERN PART OF THE INNER CAPITAL

*WHOOSH* *BANG*

"...Hey, Cobra, don't tell me you were defeated by a woman. Ke-kekekeke."

"Urgh... Kekeke, she packs a punch for a female."

*RUMBLE*

Cobra said mockingly as he stood up from the pile of rubble, which had fallen on him after crashing into the wall of one of the surrounding buildings.

"What?! How can he get back up after receiving an attack with fifty percent of my strength?" Grace wondered to herself, with a surprised expression, as she stares at Cobra.

"Well, since fifty percent isn't enough, why don't you try..." Grace's thoughts raced as she propelled herself towards Cobra with inhuman speed, launching a powerful right jab aimed at his jaw. With unwavering confidence, she yelled, "Try 80%!"

Her attack connected with a loud explosive sound reverberating through the air.

*BOOM* *THUD*

"Tsk, tsk, tsk... what a predictable attack. You didn't think such a predictable attack would work a second time," Cobra said, unimpressed, after effortlessly stopping Grace's punch with his palm.

"H-How is this possible? Even after using 80% of my strength, my attack was stopped with ease," Grace thought, disbelief evident in her mind. The strength she had used to sever the arm of a second-class grandmaster was easily countered by this unknown man, who is also a second-class grandmaster. Although the man before her had a solid and muscular frame compared to the wimpy-looking son of a viscount, the difference in strength was surprising.

"With such feeble strength, drawing my blade would be unnecessary," Cobra taunted, his voice dripping with mockery, as he effortlessly crushed Grace's clenched fist with his palm.

*CRACK SOUND OF BONES CREAKING*

"Ugh... Arrrghhhhh!!" Grace yelled in pain as she felt the bones in her hand being crushed.

"Ugh, you're being too damn loud!" Cobra retorted, annoyed, as he pulled Grace towards himself and delivered a powerful kick to her stomach.

*WHOOSH* *THUD*

"...Oof!!" Grace involuntarily exhaled upon impact from Cobra's kick, sent flying several meters away.

*WHOOSH BANG BANG CRASH*

After bouncing off the ground multiple times, Grace crashed into a wall, her body suffering from numerous fractures.

"Oi, that should be enough. Remember, the young Lord asked us to bring her back alive," Scorpion said to Cobra, observing Grace's state.

"Tsk, you're no fun, Scorpion. Of course, I remember the young Lord's instructions. But if she can't even handle a kick, then she's useless to him. Besides, I made sure not to harm any of her vital organs, so the mage can heal her. Kekeke," Cobra said, wearing a vicious smile as he walked toward Grace.

IN THE NEXT CHAPTER:

"It seems this bitch needs to learn a lesson. Hope you won't blame me if she loses a limb,"

Cobra remarked, casting a sidelong glance at Scorpion.