f i v e

Bella walked through the school halls, her books clutched to her chest

Bella walked through the school halls, her books clutched to her chest. She had been constantly checking her messages to see if Zoe had found out anything about the murder that had taken place at the school the other night.

When Zoe dropped her and Pearl off at school in the morning, they instantly saw the school bus, covered in blood. Police and news teams surrounded the scene. The door to the bus had been completely ripped off.

Based on the scene of the crime, it was clear that this wasn't any typical crime scene. Only something with extreme strength could have ripped off the door like that.

Bella was so invested in her phone that she didn't even realize she was walking right into someone. "Oh my god. I'm so sorry" she mumbled as she looked down at her books that were on the ground.

"You're okay?" Scott asked. It wasn't until he spoke that Bella even realized it was him.

She smiled as he helped her pick up her things. "Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" she asked.

Scott didn't say anything as he just stared in relief at her. "What? Why are you looking at me like that" she laughed.

Before Scott could respond, the principal's voice rang out through the hallway. "Attention, students. This is your principal. I know you're all wondering about the incident that occurred last night to one of our buses. While the police work to determine what happened, classes will proceed as scheduled. Thank you."

Groans echoed around them as everyone hoped classes would be canceled. "Did you see what happened?" she asked.

"Uh. Yeah. I saw it on my way in" he told her.

The truth was he had a dream that he violently murdered her on that very bus. But he decided that since she was okay it was best not to tell her that part.

"Zoe's looking into right now. She definitely doesn't think it was human" she said.

"She doesn't? Who does she think it was?" he asked.

"She's not sure but if she figures it out I'll let you know. I have to get to class but I'll see you at lunch?" she asked. Scott only smiled and nodded at her as she walked away.

𖦹𖦹𖦹

Zoe opened her door and smiled as Derek stood in front of her. "Hey. Thanks for coming," she smiled as he walked in.

"No problem. I figured this has something to do with the bus driver" he said as he followed her inside and the two stood at her kitchen island.

"Yeah. I was doing some digging on the victim, Garrison Myers. I don't have any idea who attacked him but I did find something I thought you might find interesting" she said.

She opened her laptop and pulled up the file she found online from her research. "Before he was a bus driver he used to be an insurance investigator before he was fired for committing fraud," she said.