t e n

"Have you seen my bag?" Pearl asked

Bella looked at her sister in the bathroom mirror and shook her head. "I think Zoe brought it in," she said, her voice muffled from the toothbrush in her mouth.

Pearl nodded and walked down the hall to Zoe's room. "Zo, have you seen my-"

Bella whipped her head around hearing Pearl scream and ran out of the bathroom to Zoe's room. Pearl stood in the doorway her hands over her eyes.

"Oh my god!" she shouted. Bella looked in and laughed when she saw what she was looking at

"Pearl, we're not naked. You can open your eyes" Zoe said.

"You have a boy in your bed!" Pearl shouted.

"What is wrong with you? I'm an adult" Zoe groaned as she got out of bed.

"Maybe now you'll be less uptight" Bella joked as Derek got up, following Zoe to the door.

"Finish brushing your teeth in the bathroom please. And Pearl your bag's downstairs" she said, her and Derek walking downstairs.

"I'm sorry about them," she said, hoping they didn't scare him away.

"Is she always like that?" he asked.

"Which one?" she laughed, pouring out coffee into the filter.

"Yeah. I don't know why I asked" he said, watching her repeatedly press the on button to the coffee machine.

"Dammit," she mumbled.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"This thing is like a million years old," she said before calling out Bella's name. She moved past Derek and went to the fridge pulling out things to make breakfast with.

"Do you need help?" he asked.

"You're sweet. But it's okay. You're a guest. Plus it's kind of faster if I do it" she said. Before he could ask what she meant, two pans flew out of the cabinet and onto the stove.

"Bella!" Zoe called again, the stove turning on by itself as she plopped pieces of toast in the toaster.

Bella came bustling into the kitchen, tying her hair into a ponytail as she dodged a floating carton of eggs.

"You called?" she asked.

"It's the coffee machine again," Zoe said. Bella nodded and walked over to it, sending enough electricity through it that the green light turned on and coffee started brewing.

Derek looked around at how efficiently Zoe moved through the kitchen, getting everything ready.

"You do this every morning?" he asked.

"Since I was 15" she laughed.

"You kinda get used to it" Bella said.

Pearl walked into the kitchen, a smile on her face despite the bandage on her wrist. "Goodmorning," she said, her voice cheery.