e i g h t

Bella stood at her locker, her entire body feeling like it was on fire

Bella stood at her locker, her entire body feeling like it was on fire. Yesterday, saving Derek, it was the right thing to do but it definitely was going to cost her. She had never done anything that extreme before.

Now it was like her body didn't know how to react. Everything around her was vibrating and her head was throbbing. She took a deep breath, regretting not telling Zoe. The air around her was so overwhelming she thought she could cry.

Then suddenly, the atmosphere around her finally settled. She looked up and smiled seeing Scott walking towards her.

"Hey. You okay?" he asked, his senses picking up on how tense she was.

"Yeah. I'm fine" she said, which wasn't technically a lie. She was fine now. But she knew once he walked away and they went to their separate classes it would all come rushing back.

"You know I can hear your heartbeat, right?" he asked, a slight smile on his face when she laughed.

"I always forget about that part."

"You know you can tell me," he said, grabbing her hand. He could feel the electricity vibrating through her body but luckily it didn't hurt.

"I'm pretty sure I over did it with Derek yesterday. I don't know to describe it. It's like...I can feel every single air molecule around me on my skin. And electricity from the lights make it feel like my bones are shaking."

Scott was shocked at how much pain she was in. She was apparently really good at hiding it. "How about we get out of here?" he asked.

"What like skip class?" she asked, the idea sounding pretty nice.

"No, like the whole day. I'm pretty sure Zoe would understand" he said.

"But what if you get caught?" she asked.

Scott just grabbed her hand and pulled her hand down the hall. "Let's try not to think about that."

𖦹𖦹𖦹

"Just a friendly reminder, parent/teacher conferences are tonight. Students below a C average are required to attend. I won't name you, because the shame and self-disgust should be more than enough punishment" Mr.Harris said as he walked down the rows of the classroom.

He looked to where the seats next to Pearl and Stiles were empty. "Has anyone seen Scott McCall or Isabella Morrigan?" he asked.

Pearl and Stiles looked up at each other before turning back to Harris and shaking their heads.

Both of them just figured the two of them were off together doing who knows what. Harris rolled his eyes and looked towards the door as Jackson walked in late. Pearl watched as Mr.Harris walked over to him and whispered something in his ear.

Curious she turned to Stiles. "Hey. What happened to him?" she whispered, gesturing to Jackson.

"You didn't hear?" he asked, genuinely surprised Derek didn't tell them. When she shook her head he leaned forward so no one could hear.