t w e l v e

After what happened at the school, it was closed on Thursday and Friday

After what happened at the school, it was closed on Thursday and Friday. The broken windows, blood, and slight water damage were enough for them to give the kids a long weekend and fix up all the damage.

Zoe was released from the hospital the next morning. When the three girls made it home in the morning, Derek was still hiding out in their house. The only place the police didn't check.

To say he was pissed with Scott was definitely an understatement. Bella and Pearl hadn't seen Scott or Stiles all weekend, too occupied with making sure Zoe was truly healed.

But Pearl had spent all weekend, practicing with her newfound control. And she had gotten pretty good. She was practically bouncing in her seat, excited to see Stiles since deciding he was her anchor.

"You've been texting him all weekend. Calm down" Bella sighed. She had yet to find her anchor and not being around Scott for four days had her head practically spinning.

"I am calm! I'm just excited" she said, ready to tuck and roll out of the car.

"Excited or not. Just be careful today please. And you guys still have that test today. So, Pearl, focus please" Zoe said, the car slowly coming to a stop.

"Why don't you ever tell Bella to focus?" Pearl asked, rolling her eyes.

"Beacuse she-"

Pearl interrupted her with a scream, seeing Stiles waiting by the steps of the school for her. "Stiles!" she shouted, running out of the car.

Zoe and Bella rolled their eyes but couldn't hide the smile on their faces. "Keep an eye on her please," Zoe said.

"Of course. What are you gonna do? Hang out with your boyfriend all day" Bella teased.

"He's not my boyfriend! I'm helping him look into something on his sister" she said.

Bella just looked at her, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Go to school!" Zoe huffed as Bella laughed and hopped out of the car.

Pearl squealed as she ran up to Stiles, her arms wrapping around him. Stiles laughed, nearly falling over as he had to catch her.

"Hi!" she smiled.

"Hey. Wha-"

Pearl cut him off, her lips meeting his in a kiss she had waited four days for. "I missed you," she said, pulling away but still wrapped in his arms.

"I missed you too" he smiled, not even wanting to blink for the fear that he had never woken up that morning and was still dreaming.

"I got you something!" Pearl said, reaching to grab something out of her bag.

"It's not my birthday," he said, as he took the small gift bag she gave him.

"I know. That's not for three months and 16 days" she said, not thinking it weird at all that she had that date nearly down to the second.