t w e n t y

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?" Stiles shouted, rushing over to the mechanic who was fixing his jeep

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?" Stiles shouted, rushing over to the mechanic who was fixing his jeep. Pearl trailed after him, careful not to get motor oil on her shoes.

"All I needed was a starter," he said.

"Yeah, but it looks like your whole exhaust system has gotta be replaced, too," the mechanic said.

"Why do I get the feeling you're slightly overestimating the damage?" Stiles asked.

"It's probably gonna run you around like, 1200, parts and labor," the mechanic told him.

"Are you kidding? This thing doesn't even have a catalytic converter!" Stiles exclaimed. "And yes, I know what a catalytic converter is."

"Do you know what a limited slip differential is?" the guy asked.

"Yeah. It gives you better traction so you don't swerve if the road is slippery" Pearl said shrugging when Stiles looked over at her.

"It's probably gonna run you more like 1500," the guy said.

"Okay. Just finish" Stiles huffed, dragging Pearl with him. "We'll be back here...seething with impotent rage."

"You know maybe if you were nicer, he would've given you a discount," Pearl said.

"Yeah, right. Maybe if I-" Stiles went to open the door to the waiting room but stopped when he touched something gooey, stuck to the handle.

"Oh my god. What is that?" Pearl grimaced as Stiles wiped his hand off on his jacket.

"I have no idea" he groaned, shoving open the door as they both walked in. Noticing the picture the mechanic had up of him in his old Beacon Hills lacrosse jersey, Stiles scoffed. "Figures."

Stiles pulled out his phone, trying to send a text to his dad but felt his fingers stiffen up like they were freezing. "What the..." he mumbled, trying to move them.

Pearl looked over and noticed his hands trembling as he just stared at his phone. "What's wrong?" she asked.

His phone fell right out of his hands as he started panicking and realized the numbing feeling was spreading from his fingers to his hands.

"I don't...I don't know. I can't move" he said. Looking up through the window, fear took over his body as he saw a clawed, scaly hand reach out over his jeep. "Oh god."

Turning around, Pearl gasped at what she saw. The scaly creature matched the exact description that Bella and Scott saw.

"Hey!" Stiles shouted, to get the mechanic's attention. Whatever it was, it was fast. It whipped its tail around, slicing a small incision into the back of the mechanic's neck.

The mechanic groaned in pain and turned around, and looked at the creature in shock before he immediately fell to the floor.

Pearl was about to run over to him when Stiles dropped down to the floor next to her. "Stiles! What's happening?" she asked, nealing over him.