s e v e n t e e n

Zoe walked down the stairs, phone in hand as she looked up different lasagna recipes online

"Bella! Pearl! What do you guys-" as she walked into the kitchen she stumbled upon Bella and Scott, clearly doing something they weren't supposed to be doing. As she walked in, the two teens jumped away from each other, both leaning back against the kitchen island.

"Oh. Hi, Scott. I wasn't aware you were here....again" Zoe said. Over the last few days, Scott had been a frequent member of their house while Pearl was never home, usually off somewhere with Stiles.

"Uh, yeah, I uh, I hope that's okay," he said.

"Of course that's okay," Bella said, looking over at her sister. "Right Zo?"

Zoe nodded, still having no idea how to navigate teenage girls and their boyfriends. She tried to think back to what her mom did when she was their age but Zoe didn't have her first boyfriend until college.

"Yeah. Super okay" she said. "I assume you're staying for dinner? I'm making lasagna. I think."

"Yeah, that sounds good. I love lasagna" Scott said.

"Right. Um, where's Pearl?" she asked.

"At the hospital with Stiles," Bella said.

"Still?" Zoe asked. Pearl had spent every waking minute there with Lydia claiming that the girl would die of boredom if Pearl left. Apparently, it was up to her to make sure Lydia didn't miss any important gossip that might've occurred over the span of two days.

"I mean Lydia is like, her new best friend. And Pearl is...Pearl. She's too nice to leave her there alone" Bella said.

"And Stiles just wants to go wherever Pearl is" Scott added.

Zoe forced a smile to her face and hummed. "Cute. Well, I am going to go to the grocery store. Call Pearl, let her know she still has to eat."

Bella nodded, waiting until she heard the front door slamming before she pulled Scott back over to her. "We should probably go to my room."

"What about Pearl?" Scott asked, his words coming out jumbled through their kiss.

"She'll be fine" Bella said. "Hospitals have vending machines."

𖦹𖦹𖦹

"Recees or Hersheys?" Stiles asked.

"Recees, always," Pearl said, as they both peered in through the glass of the vending machine. Stiles nodded and plopped in the coins, pressing the right button, and waited for the candy to fall.

But when it got stuck in the last ring both of them groaned. "Seriously?" Stiles sighed, as Pearl frustratedly pressed the button hoping it would do something.

"Maybe we should just buy another one" she suggested as Stiles tried banging on the glass.

"No. No, I am not letting this thing steal any more of my money" Stiles said, as he wrapped his arms around it like a bear hug.