t h i r t e e n

Zoe's hand gripped the steering wheel, never having gone this fast in her life

Zoe's hand gripped the steering wheel, never having gone this fast in her life. "Faster?" she asked, glancing at the rearview mirror.

"Much faster!" Scott said, looking behind them.

"God I am going to kill him" Zoe mumbled.

"Zoe. I love you but I don't think you really understand what a car chase means" Pearl said.

"If I go any faster I'll kill us," she said.

"If you don't go any faster, Kate's gonna kill us!" Pearl shouted as Zoe groaned and stepped on the gas.

Suddenly Kate took a sharp left turn. "Where the hell is she going?" Zoe asked. Stiles took out one of the police walkies he stole from his dad.

"All units, suspect is on foot heading into the iron works."

"Son of a bitch" Zoe mumbled. "Hold onto something!" she shouted, the tires screeching beneath them as she made a sharp turn, speeding towards Derek.

When she pulled up, Scott swung open the passenger door before hopping in the back seat. "Get in!" he shouted. Derek ran over, barely avoiding gunshots coming from Chris.

"I told you to stay back! I was handling it" Zoe shouted as she quickly drove off.

"I had him!" he told her.

"Who? The alpha?" Scott asked.

"Yes! He was right in front of me until the freaking police showed up" Derek shouted.

"Whoa, hey. They're just doing their jobs" Stiles said, sinking back into his seat as Derek glared at him. Pearl grabbed his hand and squeezed it. She knew he was still scared of Derek.

"Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state!" he exclaimed, looking at Scott.

"Can we seriously get past that? I made a dumbass mistake. I get it" Scott said.

"All right. How did you find him?" Stiles asked.

"He didn't. I did" Zoe told them. "I found what motel his sister was staying at. Her room was still paid for so all her stuff was still there. There was a list with a bunch of names on them. One of them was Harris."

"Our chemistry teacher?" Stiles asked. "Why him?"

"I don't know yet," she said.

"Well did you find anything else?" Scott asked.

"Yeah. This symbol" Derek said, pulling out a folded piece of paper.

"Allison's necklace?" Pearl asked.

"What?"

"That symbol. It's on Allison's necklace. She wears it like everyday" she told them.

"Of course she does. Do you think you can get it?" Zoe asked.