Chapter 11

Betty's pov:

Winter has hit riverdale, for a while already, but cold season is here and with that sickness comes around, and Cher couldn't escape it.

She has catched a strong cold, probably due to refusing to put on a coat when going outside since her " outfit would be ruined", even in her regressed mind her looks are her top priority.

Cher is currently sleeping, being early in the morning V and me are making breakfast for when she wakes up since we already ate ours.
Ever since Cheryl got sick, we noticed she starts to progressively regress into an even younger state, almost newborn in some cases, the yuckiest she felt, the younger she felt.
Anyone would say that's calling for attention, but we say she simply needs us.

Due to this, we keep breakfast simple, since we never know what we will encounter once she wakes up, one day it's an almost healed toddler and some says it's the tiniest cuddly baby, that's why we made her some oatmeal with apple juice, one of her favorites.

I check the baby monitor to see how Cher is doing, and to our surprise she was awake, so I headed to her room while Ronnie finishes preparing her food.

"Hey sweet girl, good morning princess" I whispered as I entered her room, being careful for my voice to be sweet and welcoming into a new day for her, Im recieved by gentle grabby hands and a quite poor tiny baby.

"Someone's not feeling well over here" I said as I picked her up gently, she being dresses in a foot onesie and an adorable sleeping sack for her to be warm in, with her iconic bunny stuffie in hand she curls up in my arms as soon as I bring her close.
I feel her forehead as I hold her and she feels rather warm, so I carry her downstairs being careful to be gentle walking down the stairs.

"Hey good morn!... Oh are we still feeling down?" Ronnie said as I sit at the table with her on my lap, Cher only held close onto me and emitted almost no sound.

"Ronnie, please make her a bottle and add her medicine in it, she's far too little to have oatmeal today, i'll feed her the bottle and see how it all goes" I said to V, as she instantly grabbed a soft pink bottle with little flowers on it, Ronnie proceeds to make the bottle as I rock Cher in my arms softly, noticing how the paci in her mouth is sucked slower every time, she definitely has very low energy and that only means the cold decided to stay on my baby's body.

As Ronnie hands me the bottle, I slowly remove Cher's pacifier from her mouth, shoving the bottle in her mouth gently, holding it for her she starts to slowly suck on it drinking, her eyes are practically closed at this point, and she's a little curled up ball in my arms, if i didn't knew she was sick, id think this is the cutest image ever, but it breaks my heart seeing my little ginger this ill, she's a very active little girl and this only means she's not doing well.

Once her bottle is done, I sit on a rocking chair we have in the living room, with her fully asleep in my arms, Ronnie is on the couch reading, and i'm zapping through some channels.

Suddenly Cher wakes up in my arms, with soft whines I rub her back in order to comfort her and figure what's going on; she couldn't be hungry since she just ate, I dobut she had a nightmare by how peaceful she was sleeping.
And then it hit me, it hit me twice actually, in my head and in my nose, Cher needed an urgent diaper change.
This cold is like any other, but since she's being so little due to it, what she has been living on are bottles, and milk definitely does her tummy do some funny things on her, so it explains why she must be so uncomfortable so suddenly.

Once we are in her nursery and she's layed on her changing table, I gently remove the bottom part of her clothes and untape her diaper, reveling what i fear was what has been making her so uncomfortable, with no time to waste I wipe her and add powder on her, wrapping her up in a new diaper and adding her bottoms back on her.

Walking downstairs Ronnie is waving at us, noticing we where gone and after me explaining what happened, I sat besides her with Cher in my arms, tv still on and now V zapping through channels, when suddnerly something catches Cheryls eyes, so we stop at a children's channel, she snuggles on my chest watching the kidish cartoons.

Even in her youngest headspace she's a screen kid, like it or not, and we can't blame her, soon the three of us got engaged and watches her adorable cartoons with her.

We have a little unconventional family, and we sure do love it.