CHAPTER 4

_______________________________________

It had been four days since we arrived in Mumbai, and two days since Adhvik and I had been intimate. Over the past two days, Adhvik had been busy with a project his father was handling, often coming home late and spending little time with the kids.

I was in the kitchen, cooking, when the phone rang. Glancing at the caller ID, I saw it was Adhvik. It was unusual for him to call me unless it was something urgent. Quickly washing and drying my hands on my saree, I picked up the call.

"Ji," I answered.

"Adhya," Adhvik’s voice was brisk, "be ready in the evening. We have to attend a business party. I'll send a dress for you by the afternoon." Without waiting for my response, he hung up.

I sighed, slightly frustrated but continued with my cooking.

At 3 PM, a delivery arrived with the dress Adhvik had mentioned. By 4 PM, I started getting ready, slipping into the elegant outfit he had sent. It was a beautiful evening gown, something I wouldn't usually wear, but it made me feel special.

An hour later, I was ready. Just then, my phone pinged with a notification. Adhvik had messaged, saying he was waiting outside.

I handed Vrihanika to my mother-in-law along with a bottle of pumped milk. Vihan was busy playing with my father-in-law.

My mother-in-law couldn’t resist a comment. "Is this how you dress up for a party?" she taunted, her eyes critical.

I chose to ignore her, giving a polite smile instead.

Emerging from the house, I saw Adhvik leaning against the car, looking handsome in his suit. He glanced up and his eyes widened slightly as he took in my appearance.

"You look beautiful," he said, a rare softness in his voice.

I blushed, feeling a mix of pride and nervousness. "Thank you," I replied, smoothing down the fabric of the dress. "Shall we go?"

He nodded, opening the car door for me. "Let’s."

My outfit

His outfit

His outfit