Stubborn Girl

Chapter 1

"Mum, lay off!" you grumble, opening the door to leave.

"I still don't understand how you could land yourself in Class E!" your mother yells. "Quit dwelling on the past!  Honestly, it's like you don't even care about your future!" You slam the door with a "tch," leaving your mother to brood.

You know nothing about how I'm working towards the future, you think, recalling your task to kill Koro-sensei.

You walk to the campus, still irritated about Karma's appearance and your mother's nagging. You're so lost in thought that you almost miss the blue-headed boy. "Oh," you say, "hey, Nagisa-kun."

Nagisa smiles. "Hey, (Y/N)-chan." The two of you talk about random things as you near your run-down school.

"Oh!" Nagisa said. "I almost forgot to ask you – how are you managing with Karma-kun?"

You glowered. "Don't even say that name around me." Nagisa chuckled and nodded.

You and Nagisa enter class early, before even Koro-sensei is in class. With a sigh, you pull out your 3DS and wait for class to begin. You're so absorbed in the game that you don't notice the other students come in – one specifically. In fact, you don't even notice Karma until he's already popped the game cartridge out of the 3DS, losing all your data.

You were silent for a moment, staring at the blank screen. You look up at Karma slowly, seeing him smirking and tossing the game up and down in his hand. "I... didn't... save..." you mutter slowly. You stand up to face Karma. "WHAT THE HELL, YOU BASTARD?" you yell, grabbing him by the collar.

"Now, now, (L/N)... class is starting. You can't be playing games during class." He waves the game cartridge in front of your face, daring you to make a grab for it. The second you do, he clenches his fist around it and stuffs it in his pocket. He pushes your hands off of his collar. "You'll have to get it back from me..." he teases.

Before you can do anything to get it back, Koro-sensei walks in. Sending a final glare towards Karma, you sit down angrily. But something seems different about Koro-sensei today – like he's more prepared.

Throughout the entire day, anything and everything Karma threw at Koro-sensei was countered with something embarrassing. You pulled out your phone and started taking pictures when Karma was stuffed into his frilly pink apron by Koro-sensei. When he realized you were doing this, he was too late.

"Dammit, (L/N), give me that phone!" he yells, lunging for it. You move back, snickering with amusement as he falls over.

"Why, worried I'll do something with it?" you laugh. "Maybe I'll just keep the pictures for myself!" You lean down to look at him. "Meet me after class with my game, and perhaps we can arrange some sort of trade." Slipping the phone into your pocket, you walk back and continue to cook.

"Well..." Karma grumbles to himself, "someone is still after revenge."

Karma tried to convince you to delete the photos throughout the day, but to no avail. You kept repeating, "After school, dear Akabane, after school!" causing him to be even more irritable.

After an eternity of suffering for Karma and a fleeting moment of entertainment for you, school ends. You see him sitting on a long tree branch hanging off the side of a cliff, Nagisa close by. You climb onto the branch.

"So," Karma begins, "did you send out the photos for revenge?"

With a sigh, you let your legs hang as you sit down on the branch. "No. If I'm going to get revenge, it'll be personal humiliation, not public humiliation."

"Heh. Stubborn girl." He pulls the game from his pocket and hands it to you while you delete the photos you took of him in his fabulous apron.

"Ah, (Y/N)-chan, Karma, I see you two are getting along," comes a new voice. You both glance up to see Koro-sensei walking towards you. As you and Karma stand up, Karma regains his cocky look.

"Hey, teach," Karma says. "You'd do anything to save your students if they were in danger, right? Even put your life on the line?"

"Of course!" Koro-sensei replies. "That's my duty as your teacher."

"Perfect."

Standing up and pulling out his anti-Koro gun, Karma smiles as his plan begins to fall into place.  Before you can ask what he's doing, Karma falls back from the branch. It takes a second for you to realize why you're being pulled too. A string from Karma's sleeve had gotten stuck in your backpack. You quickly try to take it off, but gravity laughs and says that it's impossible to do quickly enough. You fall with Karma, much to his surprise.

"I-it's okay!" he yells. "Koro-sensei's bound to catch us!"

"If we die, I'm going to kill you!" you scream.

You see your life flashing before your eyes. Nothing interesting, really, until you get to that moment with Karma, year 2, Class A; the moment that made you hate him forever since.

Hitting sticky webbing snaps you out of your flashback. "Wha-?" Karma can't move, and, even worse, you can't move off of him.

Crap, you think. I'm stuck to Karma. You block out Koro-sensei's lecture and focus on trying to get off of Karma, only to end up with your head on his chest. You feel your face heating up from embarrassment, making it even worse – the last thing you need is people questioning your expression.

Finally, the tentacles pull back, bringing you safely to the ground. You get off of Karma as quickly as humanly possible.

"Hey," Karma says, "your face is red... are you alright? Did you get hurt?" To your surprise, he sounded legitimately concerned. He reaches to take your arm, but you quickly pull back.

"Don't get friendly with me!" you yell. "I still hate you for what you did to her!" Ripping the string from your backpack, you turn back to head home.

Koro-sensei looks at Karma. "Should I ask what happened between you two?"

Karma shakes his head. "There was a bit of a misunderstanding. A long story, really." Koro-sensei nods in understanding and begins to make his way back to the campus. Karma tightens his grip on the purse he stole and looks once more at you as you walk away. "Stubborn girl," he says with a sigh.

Preview of chapter 2 (planned release date: June 30th, 2015):

"I'm sorry I couldn't save you..."    

A/N: Jeez, 20 views already O.o  Thank you guys for sticking with me :D