(Y/n) and Karma Starring in... KYOTO ADVENTURES!

Chapter 5

A/N: Just in case y'all can't remember all the characters (I know I can't), Kayano is the green haired girl, Sugino is the baseball player, Kanzaki is the ex-arcade gamer, and Asano is the Class A guy who looks way too much like Karma. Enjoy~

"Karma, do you want to join our group?"

"Jeez, Nagisa," you say, exasperated, "do you have to invite him?"

Walking over and smirking at you, he says, "Sure, Nagisa, I'd love to join you and (Y/n) on our trip to Kyoto." Suddenly, he winces, a foot bashing against his shin.

"Don't forget us," Kayano nags, kicking Karma. Sugino awkwardly scratches the back of his head.

Giving up, you say no more on Karma's intrusion on your group. Sighing, you sink in your chair, letting the rest of the group decide on the last member. It ends up being Yukiko Kanzaki, who you remember occasionally meeting at the arcade.

She smiles at you, and you grin back. You miss those days of gaming. You, Kanzaki, and Miyo would challenge anyone who thought they could beat you, and would utterly destroy them – at least, usually.

Remembering the times you had with Miyo, your smile fades and you break eye contact, leaving Kanzaki wondering why.

"(Y/n)," Kayano said, "be sure to bring your 3DS so we can play Super Smash Bros on the train."

Quickly hiding your melancholy with a smile, you reply, "Come on, Kayano, you know I suck at that game."

Kayano takes a deep sigh. "Why don't you just call me Kaede? We've been friends for a while, and I call you by your first name."

It's been a while since you felt so happy. "Sure, Kaya – I mean, Kaede."

"She just has trust issues," Karma jokes.

"Shut it, Karma, I do not!"

He just shrugs, not pointing out that you have no qualms about using his first name. See, Miyo? Karma thinks. She's doing just fine. He, too, misses her, even if his sadness doesn't haunt him like it does you. Despite what he's said, Karma does feel some guilt for what happened, but if he said that, it would only make you hate yourself and him more.

"...I'll bring mine, too," Kanzaki says. "My 3DS, that is."

You glare as the students that attend the main campus board the train. As usual, they get better treatment – in this case, a first class coach. They jeer and jive at your group while they enter the train, forcing Kaede to keep you back from punching them. She had originally hoped that giving you her bag with the incredibly heavy guidebook that Koro-sensei had written up would discourage you from trying to attack people, but that plan didn't exactly work. Kaede doesn't have to tell you they aren't worth it, but it'd still feel nice to introduce their noses to your fist. Then Class A lines up. None of them say anything, remembering you and Karma from their class the previous year. All but one of them board the train, and Kaede releases you.

Before getting on the train, the last student approaches you. Karma starts to step forward before Nagisa grabs his arm, shaking his head.

"Your fellow try-hards are total dicks," you state, "Asano."

"And your fellow slackers should really get their grades up." Despite his words, Asano acts rather friendly.

Karma pulls free of Nagisa. "What do you want, Gakushuu?" he says, his voice full of contempt.

"Nothing from you, dear Akabane." Turning back to you, he says, "How would you like to join my group for a day during the trip, (Y/n)?"

While the others look at each other confused (Karma fuming), you think through it. You have to work on assassinating Koro-sensei during the trip, but it would seem suspicious to say no. Not to mention you and Asano used to be friends and classmates, if only for one year.