Diary of the Deceased

You stand in front of the main campus, impatiently tapping your foot. "Where is he?" you grumble, looking at the text asking you to wait in front of the school. "I have to trek through mountains to get to Class E. I don't have time for this." Just as you start to leave, you hear footsteps behind you.

"Sorry I'm late."

Sighing, you turn to face him. "Honestly, Gakushuu, my teacher doesn't particularly like it when his students are late. Can we make this quick?" You say it politely, but it's true that you're in a rush.

"I'll only take a minute," Gakushuu promises.

"You've got 47 seconds," you respond.

He blinks at the choice of numbers, but decides to ignore it. "You're aware of the upcoming baseball game, correct?" You nod. "Class E will be playing the winner of the match, which will most likely be Class A." Well, he's not wrong.

"So, you called me out here to rub that in our face?" you ask, considering takin 12 seconds off his time limit.

"No, not at all," he says quickly. "Rather, I'd like to make a wager."

You have to admit; you're curious. "Okay," you say, "you have 53 seconds."

He smirks, knowing he has your attention. "What would you say if I knew where Miyo's diary ended up?"

Your breath hitches. Miyo's diary was nowhere to be found after she died. Her parents said that she usually took it with her where ever she went, but it wasn't in any of her bags. You narrow your eyes at him. You're not sure you like where this is going.

"Go on."

"I'll tell you exactly where it is." You look at him suspiciously. This is too good to be true; there has to be some sort of condition. "I'll tell you, that is, if Class E beats Class A in the baseball game." And there's that condition.

Unfortunately for Gakushuu, he doesn't know the kind of intense training Koro-sensei had given the male students for the game. Sneering, you say, "You're on."

"Oh?" Gakushuu replies with mock surprise. "But you haven't even heard what happens if you lose."

"It doesn't matter. We'll be the ones to win." Crossing your arms, you grin derisively. "But, just to humor you, what would happen if we lost?"

"It's not really much of a loss for you, actually." Gakushuu turns to head into the school building. "All you have to do is transfer to Class A."

His words send a small shock through your body as you watch him walk towards the school. Sure, you have complete confidence in your team, but if they lost? You'd be back in Class A, surrounded by snobs and self-proclaimed elites. It's as though Gakushuu is trying to make it so you can only talk to him. You'd reconsider the wager if you hadn't already agreed to it. You're such a reckless idiot sometimes.

Contemplating your own rashness, you don't realize when you appear in front of the old campus just how late you are until you see that Karma is just a bit ahead of you. And, given his chronic tardiness, you're at least ten minutes late.

Catching up to him, you sigh at the thought of Koro-sensei's irritation when he saw how late you would be.

"(Y/N)? I haven't seen you this late since you were in Class A," Karma observes. It's true: when you were in Class A, you didn't try all that hard or particularly care about school, and would often be late or skip. But Class E was actually fun, and it truly engaged your interests.

"Yeah, I had to meet someone before school," you say, not disclosing who it was that you met.

"I see," Karma responds dryly, already having an idea of who you met. He's far from pleased to think that Gakushuu is once again meddling with you.