The Longest Bathroom Break Ever

Koro-sensei buzzes around the group of students, eagerly tutoring each one in preparation for exams. You sit with enough space to have several text books and practice tests spread out around you.

"What year did Mexico win its independence from Spain? What? How should I know!" You grab your head in frustration.

"Now, (Y/n), we studied this," Koro-sensei says patiently. "You reviewed this yesterday."

"Why do I even have to know this? Last I checked this wasn't Mexico or Spain. And why do I have to know about Christopher Columbo? This isn't America!"

Koro-sensei waits for you to finish your tirade. "First of all, it's Christopher Columbus. Columbo is an old detective show. Secondly, you and Karma are our top two students, so the better you do the better Class E's average is."

You resign yourself to more studying, understanding and resenting its importance. Grabbing a nearby book, you try to lose yourself in the history. Gladiators, conquerors, famines; all of them had to be forcefully stuffed into your brain. 

You're reading about the crusades when you're interrupted by Koro-sensei, who has begun explaining the tie between his speed and the number of arms we destroy. After a few theatrics involving his clones to make his point (they got slower, became children, mommy and daddy clone couldn't make ends meet, daddy clone walked out on mommy clone and left her with kiddo clones) he cut to the chase.

"For every subject you take first in," he announces, "I will allow you to remove one of my tentacles!"

You slam your text book shut and toss it behind you along with your other papers. Reaching into your pocket,you whip out a bundle of flash cards with English vocabulary. If you're shooting for the best score for a subject, might as well focus on what you're good at, right?

Koro-sensei clearly doesn't share your sentiments and nags you about neglecting your studies on history, but let's face it. You're smart, but how much do you really care about what some dead people did centuries ago? When you tell your overly-concerned teacher just that, he immediately rushes to Karma.

"Look at what you've done! Your senioritis has rubbed off on our hard-working (Y/n)."

"Don't look at me, teach," Karma shrugs. "If you haven't noticed, (Y/n) has never really cared what I do. Honestly, I'm hurt." Hurt, your ass. "This one's on you, for making the motivation something that emphasizes their best subject."

Koro-sensei grumbles but makes no further attempt at arguing. He's clearly frustrated, but that's what Karma does: frustrate people (or, in this case, a space octopus). You return to your flash cards and continue working, happy to contribute to dismembering your teacher. Who knew studying could be so morbid?

The end of the day rolls around, and as you leave with Kanzaki, Isogai invites you and a few others to the school library.

"I managed to reserve a spot for us way in advance for us tomorrow." He holds up a small ticket. "It'll be nice to study in actual air conditioning, don't you think?"

"Sure, I'm in," you say. Kanzaki nods in agreement.

You notice Karma give a smug smirk that screams "Glad I'm smart enough that I don't have to study." What an ass.

No, (Y/n), you tell yourself. You're supposed to work things out with him after exams, so dial down on the hostility. You still stick your tongue out at him, which results in him letting out what sounds like a laugh; it's not his usual snicker.

Well, unusual sincerity aside, you really have to focus. When everyone arrives at the library the following day, you're completely zeroed in on your work.