Inconsiderate

Chapter 10

It had been a rather interesting day.

Ms. Bitch's old teacher decided to show up and raise some hell, leading to a bet in which she and her teacher competed to see who could "kill" Karasuma. In the end, Ms. Bitch pulled a win, and the day ended.

But with all the drama, not much got done in class, so you find yourself almost glad that you were going to study with Karma and Kanzaki. Almost.

You wait outside the library at the main campus. With all that had been going on, you never got the chance to verify that Kanzaki was able to come. Karma, on the other hand, didn't let you forget, and constantly reminded you throughout the day.

"Sorry I'm late," the redheaded devil says, walking down the hall towards you. "Ritsu was uploading herself onto my phone."

"Where's Kanzaki?" you ask. If he hadn't teased you so much about a "study date," it probably wouldn't have such a bother to study with him. But then he had to go and make it awkward.

"Kaede asked her to play a couple rounds of SSB with her," he responds with a shrug. Opening the door to the library, he says, "Shall we?"

Walking in, you find a history text book and sit down at one of the tables. You flip it open as Karma sits across from you. He watches you for a while as you attempt to study, but doing so is hard when you're being watched. He begins to fidget and squirm. You close your book and sigh.

"What's the problem, Karma?"

"Nothing. Just go back to studying." He pulls out some of the homework while you go back to reading, but he can't sit still.

After a few more minutes, you slam your book. "Bloody hell, Karma, what's wrong?!" People around you "shhh" at you, but you merely flip them off without breaking eye contact with Karma.

"Maybe you haven't noticed, but I don't exactly study much. I'm rather bored." He shrugs. "I can't help it."

You facepalm. "Then why the hell did you invite me to this?"

"I figured it beats sitting around at home. How about I help you with your homework?" Before you respond, the door opens.

"I'm here," comes Kanzaki's voice. "Karma's already here? Um, in that case, do you think you could help me with my chemistry homework?"

Karma looks at Kanzaki before taking a quick glance at you and looking back at her. He puts on a smile and says, "Sure thing."

After a while, you finish your homework. "Well, I'm off," you say. "Gotta feed my cat."

Karma opens his mouth, but Kanzaki beats him to it. "Did you want me to walk home with you?" she asks.

"No, it's alright, you should study. Let me know if Karma gives you any trouble so that I have an excuse to kick him." You wave and leave.

Watching you leave, Karma grumbles, "Why does she antagonize me so?" Kanzaki giggles and they continue to study. Karma pauses for a minute. "Hey, Kanzaki, have you ever met either of (Y/N)'s parents?"

The girl stops to think for a moment. "No... no, I don't believe I have."

"Hmm..." Karma puts his pencil to his lips as he looks up at the ceiling. "Wonder what her home life is like?" He glances over to where you were sitting, to see a paper on the table. He walks over and picks it up. With a sigh, he says, "That idiot forgot her math homework."