Six

✦⋆✦ Leonhart, age 13 ✦⋆✦

I sat in the back of the car between two booster seats. Rosy was leaning as far to the door as possible, making it clear she didn't want to be near me, nor touch me. Lilly on the other hand, was using that slime toy thing to smack me with. I don't really know what it's called, but it's got a hand at the bottom and when she slaps me with it, it sticks to my clothes before it flings back to her, making her laugh each time. It wasn't really bothering me, it just hurt in some places of my legs and arms when touched.

"When we get to the mall, Leo, you will stay with Pheobe for the school supplies list then meet me and the girls in the clothing department. Pheobe, you know which ones to look for us in." Alfonzo stated as he parked the car. "Please respond out loud guys." He sighed when no one made a sound.

"I und-"

"Why do I have to help the brat get his school supplies? He's 13, not 5!" Phoebe snapped, making Alfonzo roll his eyes.

"If you have an issue with how I want things done, maybe I can call Genevieve and let her know to keep the phone the entire 3 days, instead of giving it back today, AFTER, helping me get this shopping over quicker."

Phoebe glared back at me and gritted her teeth. "Fine." She hissed getting out. Well, guess she loves her phone. Otherwise, I don't think she'd want to spend more than a meal time in the same room with me.

I unbuckled Rosy who took no time in climbing out the door as Alfonzo opened it for her. Lilly climbed over me like a damn monkey, causing my bruises to hurt.

"Lilly! Be gentle." Alfonzo scolded Lilly as she put her lower lip out in that pouting, puppy-eyed way.

"I'm okay," I stated getting out.

"You sure. Your bruising-"

"I'm sure." I hurried off to catch up with Phoebe. I should have known he wasn't going to forget about the bruising.

"What the hell took you so long!" Phoebe shoved my head forward and I glared back at her.

"Keep your hands o-" She grabbed my hoodie yanking me hard. I thought she was going to throw me or something, but a child running wildly out of the mall pushing a shopping cart zoomed past. A frantic mother was right behind. She gave us a quick sorry and kept running after her child. I looked at Pheobe who still had my hoodie. I smiled a little. "Thanks, I-" She shoved me away and I fumbled forward but managed not to fall. I sighed.

"Just watch where you're going." She hissed walking on. I quickly followed. Phoebe was....well, I couldn't really tell. I could tell she wasn't as gentle with her words, nor really anything at this point. But when I spoke about her makeup and looks, her sensitive side showed a little. I guess even behind her dark dress and make-up choice, I misread her. She's just normal this way. I'll probably get more bruises because of her, but I don't think she'd ever try to truly harm me like Kevin and Mary. So for now, I'll trust her.

"Oof!" I gasped as a hand slammed into my chest.

"Here." Phoebe hissed. "Your school supplies list. Get everything on it and extra paper and pens than what is listed. If you forget something, I'll kill you." She walked off to another store, leaving me outside the supply store. I ran after her.

"But I-" She spun around and shoved me back.

"Don't follow me!" She hissed.

"Didn't you need supplies too?" I asked. I mean, I know I was being clingy, but I honestly didn't want to be alone in this massive store.