:24:

✦⋆✦ Leonhart, age 13 ✦⋆✦

I was not aware that the crusie was....so small. I saw a smirk creep upon Genevieve's face when Phoebe spoke about how crowded it was going to be. I honestly didn't mind. I knew this was Genevieve's way of making everyone grow close again. Yet, if Phoebe didn't stop hitting me every time I pass her!

"Hit me again!" I snapped, standing up, but Gavin yanked me down.

"Dude, chill. You want to be the one tossed over first?" Gavin spoke not even looking up from his phone. Phoebe sat across from us. The cruise had two floors. The first one had the rooms and things like the kitchen and such. The top floor had a movie theater room. Well, I didn't really go check the rest out yet. The first floor, on the outside of the crusie, had a large pool. Harlow and her little family were in it with Devika and her little family. Genevieve last I saw was placing Lilly in time out for biting. She was her momma all the way with that short temper of hers. Lennox was holding Rosy as they rested in a beach chair not too far from the pool Now that, that was cute.

"Hey." Zaria appeared beside me and I looked up. I tensed out of habit. I...still felt like her suffering was all my fault.

"Y-yes?" I whispered. She held her hand out. 

"Can we go chat?" She whispered back. I wanted to avoid her telling me she blamed me and hated me, but, I took her hand and she guided me to the far end of the ship and we sat down on the ground for safety, and hung our feet under the rails. I held my breath a minute before letting it out.

"I-uh..." I decided not to talk. I had no idea what to say. Sorry? Sorry, I killed your twin? I gritted my teeth and looked at the below us.

"Leonhart." Her voice was low. "It's not your fault." She whispered again and I shot my head over to her. She was crying again, but silently. She looked me dead in the eyes. 

"But I-" I looked away since my cries were louder, but she yanked my chin to look at her.

"Leonhart, Naomi died by intruders in our home. Even if they came for you, it would be the same if reversed, if you had died because someone came after one of us. Do you get that?"

It wasn't the same though...

"Did you forget that you were kidnapped a while back because of a rivalry thing over Gene and such? Why do you think she suffered so much? It wasn't ONLY because her child was at risk, it was due to the fact she knew you suffered because of HER job. Leo." She let my face go. "Yes, I won't ever get over the fact my sister died. How can I? We were a team. A pair. But, I am willing to cope with it, but I can't when I see the way you look at me. You avoid me."

I tensed up. Did I make that so noticeable? I didn't mean to. I just...how could I talk to her after Naomi was my fault?

"I'm sorry, Zaria," I whispered. I meant it for more than just avoiding her. I meant it for so much more. Yet, she finally smiled a little. It had been so long since she smiled. She had been staying with Grandpa De Luca and well, I avoided her when she came to the house once or twice a week.

"HEY, brats!" Pheobe appeared. Of course, she had to ruin a moment. "Get your feet back over!" She snapped. I noticed Pheobe had a different look mixed with her anger. Was she concerned? I smirked and slid under, leaving only my chest and head laying on the cruise as my body dangled over more.

"Why? Does this scar-" Before I could respond, Phoebe was already at my side, yanking me back and dragging me. Zaria laughed and locked arms with Valencia who appeared. 

"You stupid brat." Phoebe tossed me back in the seat beside Gavin. Gavin raised a brow at us, but he rolled his eyes and decided not to ask. 

"You gonna let her manhandle me?" I scoffed at Gavin. He raised a brow not looking up from his phone.

"Whoever said I was on babysitting duty?" He stated, scrolling his finger. I knocked his phone out of his hand and he growled a little as he grabbed it off the floor and then got in my face. "You know, since I know losing my phone is the only punishment for beating the hell out of you, keep pushing." He threatened. Once he said that, Phoebe shoved him and he crashed on top of me on the beach chair. I thought Gavin would jump up and yell at her, but instead, he pressed himself up and his eyes locked on mine. They were wide and I saw his face turn slightly red. I was confused.

"Stupid love birds." Phoebe walked away and before Gavin could move on his own will, he was yanked off of me by Lennox.

"You two better not be fighting?" He scolded. Gavin let a sharp breath out and he looked away. 

✳✳✳Gavin's POV✳✳✳

I wasn't expecting that. I pulled from Mr De Luca and took a seat but this time, away from Leo. I thought I might have seen him as a cute little brother but after that....I was wrong.
If my dad was here, I'd talk to him about it...I can't understand these...feelings?

"Gavin, can we chat?" Mr De Luca spoke. I tensed up a little. I mean, Lennox De Luca was the Mafia Don after all. who am I to decline? I got up slowly and followed him. He led me inside and into a room where Genevieve just got to the door holding Lilly. "Honey, you can't carry her. You're almost 8 months-"

"I know-I know." She smiled softly. She put Lilly down. "I'll give you the room." Mrs De Luca kissed her husband and left with Lilly. 

"Have a seat." He pulled a chair out from the desk in this room. I sat down, digging my nails into my palms as I watched him pull another chair up. He sighed and crossed his arms. "Alright, talk." He stated simply. 

"Uh? About what, sir?" I whispered. He leaned over and flicked my forehead, which hurt way worse than when Mrs De Luca did it. I yelped and rubbed my head.

"Did Eve not tell you to address us by our first names?" He scolded. I took a deep breath. So Lennox and Genevieve....that sounded so weird to me, since well, I know of their job, and still see myself a little as an outsider.

"Talk about what, Lennox?" I spoke, putting my hands down from rubbing my head. Lennox smiled at me.

"Everything." He then frowned. "The ticket? Thinking you could just run off? Things you feel towards Leonhart." His words took me for a spin. I stood in horror, knowing I overreacted.

"I have no feelings other than brothers with Leo!"

Lennox busted out laughing, surprising me. "Gavin, if you still think that after all the months I've watched you with him, you're in denial. Now, all I ask is that you don't do anything that's considered rated R or-"

"What!" My voice betrayed me. It was high-pitched. Lennox yanked me to sit down and pointed at me.

"Calm down! Now, let's talk and get some things out in the open and what is expected." He went back to folding his arms over his chest.

I said I wanted to talk to my dad about these feelings....not the damn Italian Mafia Don! This is soooo humiliating!

✤✤✤ Don't forget to Vote and comment! ✤✤✤

Hope you enjoyed Ch 24! ♥♥