02 First time meeting

When the party was finally over, the two friends went together to the hotel where Lan Zhan was being hosted.
Xiao Zhan helped him to pack and to carry the luggage to the car.

"How much money do you earn from this accounting work, to afford such an expensive car?", Lan Zhan asked in amazement at Xiao Yang's silver blue, branded car.

"This money doesn't come from my accounting work, but from a business I own in association with a friend, Wei Ying.
We own an entertaining school, where talented boys and girls are trained in order to pass the entrance exams for art schools or art universities."

"Wow, what a wonderful job, it's more appropriate for the Xiao Zhan I used to know, than the accounting job.
How on earth, did you start doing this boring and exhausting job, anyways?"

"You know very well that it was my father's wish to graduate from the economic university.
I can tell you that after all it wasn't such a bad idea, because it helped me a lot with our business and with being connected to the business world.
Also, as I told you, I work as a freelancer, I am now my own boss.
The only inconvenience is that I didn't have the heart to reject anyone asking for my service and I took too many clients for their bookkeeping, therefore I have no time left for myself, too."

"Then I'm happy with my idea to send you to breathe some fresh air at my place.
You can go at the first hour tomorrow morning."

"Hmm...should I?
Lan Hua, do you live alone in your house?
I don't want to bother somebody with my presence."

"Sadly, I live alone like a cuckoo, so don't worry about that.
Don't hesitate anymore, just hit the road!"

The next day, Xiao Zhan hit the road indeed, right at dawn, leaving Lan Zhan still sleeping like a baby in his reddish pink kingdom.

Yes, reddish pink, because even though Xiao Zhan was known to the public eye as a serious and rigid businessman, at home he created the childish, playful and warm environment which mirrored his real personality and real soul.

After some good hours of driving, his stomach announced to him that it needed to be nourished, so he kept looking for a place where to eat.

He finally stopped the car in front of a not so clean driver's fast food, but he was too hungry to get picky.
It was surprising how crowded that place was.

Even though the strong noise was hard to bear, the smell of the food prepared there was tickling his nostrils in a very pleasant way, so Xiao Zhan took a seat and waited to be served.
After a few minutes he turned his head to his right, to check out why he was feeling his cheek like stabbed by something burning.