Chapter 17

Emily: Carolina, you're not related to mom and dad by blood but a product of the artifact. Also, I'm a creation of you from deep in your subconscious manifested into reality.

Carolina felt her heart racing as she stood before Emily. Her mind struggled to process the words that spilled from her sister's lips. Not related by blood? A creation of her subconscious? It felt as if the ground beneath her was crumbling, threatening to swallow her whole.

Carolina: But how is that possible?

Carolina's voice shook with a mix of fear and confusion.

Carolina: I've always believed that they were my parents. Who am I if not their daughter?

Emily's eyes filled with sadness as she reached out, gently placing a hand on Carolina's trembling shoulder.

Emily: Carolina, you are still their daughter. They raised you, loved you, and cared for you since the day you were born. Blood doesn't define family, love does.

Carolina's mind whirled, trying to make sense of the revelation.

Carolina: But what about the artifact? How does that fit into all this?

Emily sighed heavily before answering.

Emily: The artifact, Carolina, holds immense power. It brought you into this world and when you were old enough it manifested your deepest desires and fears, bringing me into existence as a physical representation of what you longed for— a sister. I am part of you, created by your subconscious.

A mix of emotions swirled within Carolina shock, disbelief, and a strange sense of understanding. The weight of her fractured life seemed to press down upon her shoulders, threatening to crush her spirit. She looked around the abandoned warehouse, the dim light casting eerie shadows on the walls.

Carolina: I never asked for any of this,

Carolina whispered, tears welling up in her eyes.

Carolina: Why did the artifact bring you into my life? What purpose does it serve?

Emily's expression softened, her voice filled with compassion.

Emily: Carolina, the artifact has chosen you for a reason. It sensed your strength and your desire for truth. It's up to us to uncover its secrets, protect it, and ensure it doesn't fall into the wrong hands.

Carolina wiped away her tears, her determination resurfacing.

Carolina: I may not have sake for this, but I won't let it define me. I will face whatever challenge comes our way, and together, we'll protect our family.

Emily smiled warmly, her eyes sparkling with pride.

Emily: That's the spirit, Carolina. We have a difficult journey ahead, but with our bond and the truth on our side, we can overcome anything.

As the sisters embraced, a renewed sense of purpose ignited within Carolina's heart. Although the revelation had shattered her perception of her origins, it couldn't break her spirit. She was still Carolina, a fighter, and a protector of her family's legacy.

Little did they know, darkness lurked in the shadows, waiting for the perfect moment to strike. The truth, once unveiled, would open doors to unimaginable challenges. But together, Carolina and Emily would face them head-on, ready to unravel the mysteries that lay with Lily in tow.