Chapter 2

Only the sweet sounds of the birds chirping where heard when I met him in the garden to have the conversation. He looked like he was nervous and I know its all my own imagination. It had always been like that. No matter how hard I try to forget those memories I am not able to. Its dam difficult to not to think about that.

"Hey! You good? You look disturbed." Dev asked me. I can't tell him that I was thinking about my memories with him which he has no idea about. I replied, "Yeah, I'm good. Just thinking about some random stuffs. Nothing else."

"Dev, let me come to the point directly. I'm not interested in marrying you. I'm in love with someone else and I can never think of my life with anyone other than him." I confessed to him what I had been thinking for a very long time. The truth is that I had never been in love with anyone ever in my life other than him. Dev is like an addiction to me even when I had no idea about him. I can not let a weed enter my brain twice . that was all in my mind at that moment but little did I expect his reply to me.

" I'm sorry Snow. I can't do anything about the lie that you are telling me right now. I will marry you with your permission and the blessings of all the elders in our family . I will never let go something that is so dear to me", Dev told me with utter sincerity and a different kind of emotions was swirling in his eyes at that moment and that emotion was so new.

Just when I was about to reply, my mom called us inside and Dev told my parents and his parents that both of us are okay with this marriage thing and he would like to proceed further with the wedding arrangements. I know he will do something like this. He is always full of himself and the most selfish narcissist you could eve see. The happiness that I saw in my dad's face made me speechless. I wanted to revolt but still I didn't want to ruin their happiness. I will surely think of a way to get out of this marriage thing without hurting my parents.

Dev POV:

She looked ethereal in that saree. It was not the first time I had seen in her saree but this was the first time she wore a saree for me. Red really suits her. She looked so lovely in it. It was really hard for me to not to look at her but I controlled myself to the most extreme extent I could and guess what I had succeed in it. I asked my dad to talk with her alone because it's been eight long years since I had heard her speak. It's not like I had ever spoke with her before well I did but it was just twice.

I'm Dev, her college senior and head of the famous club in the college. I met her for the first time 10 years back in a very crowded place. It was love at first sight for me even though I lost the sight of her in just 5mins after meeting her. When I met her for the first time in college after 2 years ,she fell inside the ditch nearby. I fell even harder for her at that moment. These were all so funny ,exciting and new to me. I again saw her in the common mess after a weak of college which was really surprising for me. She never glanced at my side but I continued looking at her until one day she made that deep challenging eye contact with me. That eye contact made me sleepless that night and I love every moment of that night.

She joined the same club I was in making me even more excited to what the future holds in hand for me. We never spoke till that day when she thanked me for helping her when it was just my duty and I never thought of doing that for her. It was my duty and I did it. I told her the same and she looked different after that. It was like something changed in her. I did all that I could do to meet in her college and surprisingly I got a follow request in Instagram from her one night. I accepted it and sent her the same. My account was a private one and I never accept the request other than that of my friends but ever in the history of my life I accepted hers.

The most weird and hurtful thing was that she blocked me the next week . she gave me request after 3 moths and the same continued but the irony was that I changed my account public and she started seeing my highlights. She never liked any of my posts nor my highlights but was in track of my highlights.

Out of no where she suddenly proposed me by calling me to a place with the help of her friend. I was really surprised and astonished at that moment and didn't really know how to react at that moment. All that I told her was "ok" when she proposed me. I felt like it was rude but seriously I can't accept her proposal as she happens to be my junior. Her hands where literally shaking when she confessed me about her feelings. When I asked her why was she this scared of me she told me that she was afraid as I was her senior. That was the reason why I never replied to her but just told ok because I know that she will understand my feelings. 

I felt so bad after that meeting with her. The meeting only lasted for 5 mins but still it left me restless and after seeing her reaction I was not at peace. So, I ended up giving her a follow request as her id was a private one and apologized her for my rude behaviour. I asked her to be the same because I really didn't want her to change or worry or be sad all time thinking of this. No matter what happened I was always informed about what goes on with her in college. I had my ways for that. I was in track of her life until last month when she suddenly disappeared. The fear of loosing her made me to go to this extent to ask her hand in marriage to her grandparents which was really difficult as both of our families are dead hard enemies. I had convinced my grandparents and hers as of now but still worried about the rest.

Now that she is standing in front of me, this situation looks so surreal. I still can't believe that she will be mine soon. She told me that she was in love with someone else and I know for sure that she was not in love with anyone else. I know she might be angry with me for what happened years ago like a cute child she is I will never let go of her. She is mine to hold and mine to cherish.