Chapter 5

Adi tried to ignore the topic several times when I asked why I felt like he lost something so dear to him. He smiled sadly at me and told he didn't loose something so dear to him it's just that he lost his life. When I gave him a confused look he started narrating his story.

"on the cold night I was wandering outside in the outskirts of the city just because I was bored at home. I saw a white figure walking towards me in the road and I thought it was my last moment alive but I ended up seeing a beautiful girl clad in white saree. She was crying continuously and I didn't think twice to give up on my life for this beautiful demon. Her big doe like eyes where shinning in that midnight when she saw me in some kind of anticipation. All I felt at that moment was to hold her tight and hide her from this cruel world because she looked really innocent like an angel and I felt the adrenaline rush to save her. I hated her crying face.

"Hey! You okay? Do you need any help?" I asked her, but instead of giving me a reply she gave me a slight smile and fainted down. I was numb for a moment seeing her faint down. I carried her to my car and took her to the nearby hospital. They told me that she was a mentally retarded person and was hid in her home by her relatives. She lost her parents when she was young and had been abused by her relatives often making her to go into this situation. I filed a police complaint on them in the intention of helping her but it backfired at me. She was unconscious for two days and I was arrested at that time span saying that I was trying to the kidnap her. I don't know why she was always in my mind for that two days. The case was withdrawn by her brother. I spoke with her relatives to let her free, but it was not taken into account. So, I asked her hand in marriage but they cared more about the caste and stuff that they threw me out of their home. After a week I heard that she was sent away to one of her relative house in another village but got no news about that village details. I started searching for her like a mad man in a every nook and corner in this state but was still unsuccessful. I wish I could meet her at least once before my death." Adi completed telling his story with tears in his eyes. It was my second time seeing a guy who loves a girl this much. First it was my best friend who also happens to be my brother from another mother.

We had reached my home by the time. He just patted my cheeks and went away leaving me with a lot of emotions flooding my mind.