CHAPTER : 2

Tripti couldn't believe what had just happened. Was this some kind of fairytale story unfolding before her eyes? She was still lost in her thoughts as she entered her apartment, finding Hailee already there, lounging on the sofa and scrolling through her phone.

Lost in her own world, Tripti slowly made her way to the couch and sank down onto it. "How did the interview go?" Hailee asked, breaking the silence.

"I got hired," Tripti said, the words feeling surreal as they left her lips.

Hailee's eyes widened in surprise. "What? No waiting list or shortlists?"

Tripti nodded, still trying to process it all. "I still don't know how everything happened. It's still unbelievable for me too," she admitted.

Hailee turned Tripti towards her, a mix of curiosity and disbelief evident on her face. "Tell me everything," she demanded.

Tripti cleared her throat and recounted every detail of the extraordinary day to Hailee, who listened intently, mirroring Tripti's astonishment.

"Does this kind of thing happen often?" Tripti finally asked.

"Not really," Hailee replied.

"So what should I do?" Tripti wondered aloud.

"Complete the project, I guess," Hailee suggested, uncertainty lingering in her voice.

Suddenly, a knock at the door interrupted their conversation. Hailee rose to answer it, revealing a gentleman in a suit holding a box, clearly a delivery.

"Is Tripti Dimri here?" the man asked.

"It's for you, Tripti," Hailee called over her shoulder.

Confused, Tripti approached the door. "But I didn't order anything," she said to the man.

"You've mistaken, ma'am. This has been sent from Quantum Tech, by direct request of Mr. Kapoor," the man explained.

"Mr. Kapoor?" Tripti echoed, surprise coloring her voice.

"Yes, ma'am. And by the way, congratulations on joining Quantum Tech," the man added with a smile.

Tripti and Hailee exchanged incredulous looks as Tripti accepted the delivery.

"Sign here, ma'am," the man instructed, holding out a paper.

After signing, Tripti watched as the man left, her mind reeling with disbelief.

"Hailee," Tripti called, turning back into the apartment.

"Yeah?" Hailee replied, curiosity evident in her tone.

"That just happened, right?" Tripti asked, seeking reassurance.

"Yeah," Hailee confirmed, closing the door behind her.

Both women stood there for a moment, processing the unexpected turn of events.

"Why the hell are you looking at me like that? Go see what's in the box," Hailee said, breaking the silence.

Tripti snapped back to reality. "Oh, yes, I forgot," she said, moving to the couch with Hailee.

As they unboxed the delivery, Hailee exclaimed, "It's a laptop! The latest edition from Quantum Tech."

Tripti held it in her hands, still in awe. "It's the custom edition. What's going on in that guy's mind?" she wondered aloud, examining the accompanying documents.

Slowly opening the laptop, Tripti found a note inside.

"Do your best - Ranbir," it read.

A smile spread across Tripti's face, her cheeks tinged with a blush. Hailee noticed and cautioned her, "Tripti, be careful, okay?"