CHAPTER : 3

-Evening 5 pm-

"He'll pick you up every morning and drop you off in the evenings," Ranbir stated as he opened the car door for Tripti, a gesture of courtesy that felt somewhat unfamiliar yet comforting.

"You did well today," Ranbir complimented as Tripti settled into the car.

"Thanks. I wouldn't have been able to do that if you weren't there," Tripti expressed her gratitude, feeling a sense of relief wash over her.

"So... Thank you... uhmm... For treating me well," Tripti continued, her words tinged with sincerity as she struggled to articulate her feelings.

"It's alright," Ranbir replied, his tone casual yet oddly reassuring.

"Bye.... Ranbir," Tripti said softly, her gaze lingering on him for a moment longer before she turned to enter the car.

Ranbir simply nodded in response, a faint hint of warmth in his eyes that caught Tripti off guard.

As the car began to move, Tripti leaned against the window, stealing a glance at Ranbir as he walked away. There was something enigmatic about him, something that intrigued her more than she cared to admit.

"Put on your seatbelt, ma'am," the driver reminded her, breaking her reverie.

"Oh, right,"

She leaned back on the seat, the luxury set up overwhelmed her.

"What a day!!!"

————————

Ranbir entered the office, his demeanor exuding a sense of urgency, and found Suzy sitting there.

"Hey," Suzy greeted him warmly, rising from her seat.

"I don't have time for this, Suzy. I'm heading to the Hamptons," Ranbir stated, his tone brisk as he moved to grab his coat.

"To your home?" Suzy inquired, curiosity flickering in her eyes.

Ranbir nodded, slipping into his coat with practiced ease.

Suzy stepped closer to him, her interest piqued. "What's the occasion?" she pressed, her tone laced with intrigue.

"There's a party," Ranbir replied tersely, a hint of reluctance coloring his words.

"Am I not invited?" Suzy queried, a playful glint in her eyes.

"It's not your type of party," Ranbir responded, his tone suggesting a touch of reservation.

"What does that mean? Huh?" Suzy pressed, her curiosity unabated.

"It's my mom's birthday party," Ranbir divulged, his voice softening with a hint of fondness.

"Oh, I'd love to go..." Suzy trailed off, her eagerness evident.

Ranbir rubbed his head in frustration, a faint smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "Come on, please say yes. I have nothing planned today," Suzy pleaded, her eyes wide with anticipation.

"Alright," Ranbir relented, his expression resigned.

"Yessss," Suzy exclaimed, a victorious grin spreading across her face.

"But you're gonna hate it," Ranbir warned, his tone tinged with amusement.

"Let's see," Suzy replied, undeterred by his caution, her adventurous spirit shining through.

—————— Tripti arrived back at her apartment earlier than usual, the door creaking softly as she pushed it open. Strange sounds emanated from Hailee's room, catching Tripti off guard.