Chapter 50

The dwarf walks to the dias, but instead of climbing onto it to stand, he sits on the edge.

"I am sorry, esteemed body. I am still weak - " Snick begins to speak.

"It is fine, Master Snick. You do what is needed to care for yourself. You have already shown us much respect by coming to us to ensure that justice prevails." The Cat's words are genuine, his eyes sad. Then he turns to the jury. "You three have withheld your judgment until the end of the trials and here we are. There is only one petitioner left. What is your decision?"

The Fairy Godmother speaks up first. "Of the four stories that we have heard this night, only two have shown wrong doing by someone other than the petitioner and Master Snick's is the only one who's case directly affects him and his family. For that reason, we kept him for our final decision."

She takes a deep breath before she continues. "I feel that Master Snick's case is the reason that this body was created. He and his brothers brought someone into their home to help them, to keep them safe. And they were repaid with betrayal, suffering, and death. It is my humble opinion that Master Snick should win the trail and that we should visit his captors and provide retribution to his family. My vote is in favor of Mater Snick."

"That's one of three. I will remind the body that the decision must be unanimous," The Cat says before nodding to Tinkerbell.

In her childlike voice, the pixie says, "Those girls? Snow White and Rose Red? They were really mean to Master Snick and his family for no reason at all. I don't like what they've done to them and I think that we have to stop them. Cause that's the thing about mean people. If they do it once and get away with it, they're gonna do it again. We need to stop them. I say that we help Master Snick."

The Cat smiles indulgently at the pixie. "Thank you, little one. That's two of three. One more vote to go. What say you, Maleficent?"

The dark fairy's eyes are filled with pain as she looks at the dwarf. "I am sorry that none of us knew of your pain Master Snick. But we will make sure to rectify that situation now. Master Snick wins the trials."

The Cat's smile is happy and vicious. "Good." He bangs his gavel on the podium. "This meeting of The Misfit Trials is adjourned. Those who would like to participate in the punishment, remain in the cl