Chapter 51

No one left the glen before it was time to leave for the punishment portion of the trails. It was often that way at the end of the trials. After hearing about the awful things that were done to petitioners, people often needed closure. They wanted justice.

They wanted revenge.

The Cat counted the time on his pocketwatch. At the appointed time, he snaps his watch closed and looks over to Tinkerbell. "Ms. Bell, if you would be so kind."

"It would be my pleasure," the little pixie says. Changing to her true form, she flies into the air, and circles the glen. It opens a teleportation ring. One that will take all those assembled to the dwarves's cottage.

When Tinkerbell has circled the glen three times, she comes to stop in front of Snick. She takes her hand in his. "I need you to think of your home. Your brothers. All the terrible and all the happy thoughts that you can think of that go with your home. Let them fill your mind. That will transport us to your home."

Snick nods and closes his eyes. It only takes a matter of seconds and Tinkerbell's power flares as she takes all those in the glen with her and Snick to his cottage in the woods.

They arrive just outside of the cottage, the entire assembly standing on the lawn.

The Cat nods to The Hatter, who bangs on the cottage door.

The pounding of The Hatter's fists on the door makes it rattle in its hinges. It isn't long before the two sisters arrive at the door, spells ready to cast in their hands. But Maleficent swiftly stifles their magic, surprising the sisters and making fear dawn on their faces.

"Snow White and Rose Red," The Cat calls, his smile malicious as he stares at the sisters. "We are the court of The Misfit Trials. And we have come to provide retribution."

If the sisters looked scared before, they looked petrified now.

"Retribution for what, Sir Cat?" Snow White asks, obviously trying to use her charms on The Cat to stop him from punishing them.

As if that had ever worked.

The Cat extends his hand to Fairy Godmother and she uses her magic. "Bibbidi. Bobbidi. Boo." The remaining dwarf brothers, those under the spell of the witches and those still of their own mind.

Maleficent waves her staff and the brother under the sister's control was freed.

Snick limped to his brothers, the few remaining holding on to each other and crying.

But the rest of the assembly turns to the sisters, both held at the back of their necks by The Hatter.

"Please!" Snow White cries. "I didn't want to do this. She made me! She made me hurt them!"

"You bitch!" Rose Red screams. "We did this together!"

"Silence!" The Cat screams and the sisters listen.

With an eerie smile on his face, The Cat continues. "You have been found guilty by the jury of this great assembly. And now, I will give you your punishment."

Again, The Cat nods to the Hatter, who forces the two sisters to their knees.

Suggestions for punishment are called from the crowd:

"Off with their heads!" That one was from the Queen of Hearts.

"Turn them to stone!" Medusa.

"Eat them!" The Big Bad Wolf.

But The Cat holds up his hands. "I have already decided what their punishment will be."

The crowd quiets, waiting with baited breath to hear what The Cat has to say.

His smile spreads even wider. "Your punishment will reflect your crime. Because you turned brothers against each other, killing some, one of you is going to die. You will choose between yourselves which one."

The assembly howls their approval just as Snow White and Rose Red plead for mercy. They will find none.

The Cat continues. "Because you took away their free will, making them your slaves, the same will be done to the remaining sister. You will live out the remainder of your days in service to the remaining brothers, to be treated however they see fit."

152nd Annual Misfit Trials:

Petitioner: Aegae, daughter of Ariel and Prince Eric

Seeking retribution for imprisonment, repeated rape, and hunting of her mother.

Decision: Sent to live with her mother's family in Poseidon's court

Further information: Living happily in Posideon's court and is a favorite of her great

grandfather.

Petitioner: Rumpelstilzchen

Seeking retribution for his son being taken from him.

Decision: Sentenced to death for child endangerment by The Wild Hunt

Further information: Sorcerer Atalantes, one who took Rumpelstilzchen's child,

sentenced to be taken by Pied Piper to Hell

Petitioner: Snick, one of the Seven Dwarves

Seeking retribution for murders and imprisonment of himself and his brother

Decision: Winner of Trials, retribution granted

Further information: Witch sisters, Snow White and Rose Red, were forced to choose

between themselves which sister would die and which would be a slave to the dwarves,

their will taken away, for the rest of their lives. Rose Red was beheaded, her head given as a gift to the Queen of Hearts who offered to take the brothers into her home. They still live there with their mindless servant, Snow White.

Petitioner: Lucinda of Avalon, aka Mother Gothel

Seeking aid in imprisoning Sorceress Rapunzel

Decision: Handed over to the Council of Avalon

Further information: Rapunzel was found by Morgana Le Fay and brought back to

Avalon for her to learn how to control her powers. Lucinda is being used by Rapunzel to practice her new control of her magick.