Chapter 22: Present Day

Noah was running his hand over the curve of my hip, sliding my t-shirt past my waist, exposing my naked behind to the cool air of the bedroom. Stretching, my body turned over toward him, my breasts flat against the mattress and my face buried in the pillows. I barely heard his deep, quiet laugh as his hand paused on my lower back before trailing lower. His palm connected harshly with my left cheek, startling a yelp from me as I bolted upright and out of the bed.

"What the hell, Noah?" I shouted, caressing my tender backside that was no doubt sporting his handprint.

"For some reason I had you pegged as a morning person, being a teacher and all. Instead, it's like trying to raise the dead."

My morning struggle was very real. It was a miracle that I could get up and make it to school on time every morning. I attributed it to my obsessiveness about being on time outweighing my desire to never get out of bed.

And coffee. Lots and lots of coffee.

"So you slapped my ass?" The obsession these guys had with my backside was becoming painful.

He laughed at me, sitting casually on the edge of the bed, dressed in nothing but a towel and a playful smile. "Couldn't think of anything else that would get you out of bed."

"Really? Nothing else at all?"

He shrugged and stood, momentarily distracting me with his incredible body still glistening from his shower. He walked away, heading over to his closet. "Everything else I wanted to do would have kept us in bed and we have places to be."

I huffed, glaring after him. "I don't see why we have to go today."

"Because it's your company and you need to meet your new employees," he called from far inside the closet. I could hear him swiping through his clothes, the hangers clanging on the metal bar as he tried to find something to wear. "But you're going with Mark to take care of John's honey-do list this morning."

"I've changed my mind," I mumbled. "I don't want any of it."

"Too late."

Dammit, how good is his hearing?

Still mumbling, I took off toward the bathroom and ripped off the t-shirt. My hand paused when reaching for my toothbrush.

"Oh my God," I whispered, staring at my reflection.

When he had been sucking on me, torturing me with his teeth, he had left little love bites on my nipples and my breasts. Last night they had been so red and still swollen that I hadn't seen the marks. My fingers brushed over them and I shivered. I was still very sensitive, sore even. And I found it so incredibly erotic that he had marked me like this.

"If you don't get dressed soon, I'm going to end up fucking you on that counter."

I jumped at Noah's voice, looking up in the mirror to see him standing behind me in the doorway, fiddling with the cuff on his white dress shirt. It was unbuttoned, and his black pants were partially undone, sitting low on his hips. My toes curled at the thought of him bending me over the counter and taking me as I watched us in the mirror.

"That's not really a threat," I managed to stammer out, my cheeks heating as he raised his eyes to me.

"It wasn't meant to be. Mark plans on leaving in forty-five minutes. I'll see you later."

Before he could disappear, I turned to him. "We still need to talk, Noah."

He nodded solemnly. "I'll tell you everything tonight. Joshua and Mark will be here, too."

I opened my mouth to ask something else but he held up his hand, smiling again. "Start thinking about whose bed you want to stay in tonight. Joshua and Mark are a little jealous after our time yesterday."