Chapter 42: Present Day

I awoke late into the morning to the scent of freshly brewed coffee, cinnamon, and Noah.

His name had escaped my lips even before he settled us against the headboard, with my sleepy, satiated body settling between his legs and my head thrown back on his shoulder. The sheets were gently pushed down to expose my naked form. Muscled arms encircled and supported me against a solid chest. Strong hands kneaded my breasts. Warm breath feathered along my collarbone. My knees fell open with only one quiet command from him and a press of his palms on the inside of my thighs.

His touches were soft and thorough, unrushed and sensual, working my clit to push my body up and up that peak of pure pleasure. My hips slowly undulated to his fingers, more commands from him urging that I respond to insistent caresses. All answering gasps and cries were muffled into his neck, the ever-building climax within me forcing my back to arch, breasts pressed into his arm that bound me to him.

"I've never seen anything as beautiful as you," Noah whispered. "I'm going to wake you up like this every morning."

"Yes, Noah."

"Come for me, beautiful."

The sounds of my release were captured as he tilted my chin back and covered my mouth with his. Echoing the slow and almost torturous strokes between my legs, his tongue licked at my teeth and my lips, sharing breath with me as I trembled in his embrace until he had wrung the last ripple of climax from me. He broke our kiss and brought his fingers to his lips, licking my taste from them and groaning.

My whimpers and our panting breaths were the only sounds in the room. I curled into him and closed my eyes, simply appreciating how it felt to be held by him like that. Like it was a normal weekend and we decided to be as lazy as possible, staying in bed all day long. Maybe we would watch some bad TV later and laugh together, snacking on junk food in between bouts of our lovemaking.

"I want to stay like this all day," he murmured into my hair, reading my mind.

"Why can't we?"

He shrugged. "Good question."

"I didn't think I'd see you today."

"Joshua and I never left last night. We changed our minds."

I gave him a squeeze. "Not that I mind, but why?"

He squeezed back. "We miss you."

I smiled into his chest and felt like I was glowing.

"We're all staying here from now on."

Noah's hazel eyes crinkled in delight as I beamed up at him.

It wasn't until the shower in the adjoining bathroom shut off that I even realized it had been on. Mark stepped from the steamy room, wrapping a towel around his waist and shaking his wet hair, stopping when he saw me naked and wrapped up in Noah.

"I told you to bring her breakfast. Not get in bed with her."

Noah nodded at the tray on the dresser. "Breakfast. And she looked so beautiful laying naked in bed that I couldn't resist."

Mark huffed in agreement, biting off a huge chunk of cinnamon roll and letting his eyes travel over my body. Without telegraphing what he was thinking, he jammed the rest of the roll between his teeth, grabbed my ankles, and yanked me down the bed. I squealed with laughter as he slid an arm beneath my waist and lifted me, carrying me to the dresser and setting me beside the breakfast tray. I clamped my teeth through part of the gooey cinnamon roll still stuck in his mouth and pulled, giggling when some of the melted icing fell onto my breast. Chewing quickly, he ducked his head and licked it from my skin.