Chapter 45

Joshua stood by his Range Rover, eyeballing Mark, who strode by and pretty much threw himself into his SUV. He slammed it into gear and tore down the driveway. I halted my weak attempt at chasing him, stopping to catch my breath beside Joshua.

"Now what?" he asked.

"Well, uh, it's an interesting story, really."

"Baby girl, what did you do to our not-gentle-at-all giant?"

How should I put this? Ripping the band-aid off would probably be best.

"Mark walked in on Thad sucking my neck."

Joshua gaped at me, stunned into silence. Then he looked back to Mark's disappearing vehicle and burst into laughter. If he fell over because of his guffawing, that was too bad for him. His reaction didn't warrant my assistance.

"Please," he wheezed. "Explain."

I ran my tongue over my teeth, unamused.

"How did that even happen? Wait -" He dropped a hand on my shoulder, suddenly serious. He wasn't fooling me. His chin was twitching with the effort to hold in his laughter. "Did you trip and fall on him and he was suddenly there with his cock out? Oh exquisite one, let me save you with my dick."

He said the last part using a poor imitation of Thad's sexy accent.

"I said he sucked on my neck. Not fucked me."

"Sucked, fucked, same thing."

"You're the worst. I'm not telling you anything."

His hand fell from away, and he pouted."Please?"

I shook my head and scowled.

"I'll just get the video from Thad."

"Thad might be dead."

Joshua looked down the driveway again, Mark long disappeared. "Oh shit. Mark killed him?"

"No, but he beat him up pretty badly."

He shrugged. "Okay then. If he's alive, he can send me the video."

Thad most definitely had footage of it. Not that it would show him much of anything other than Thad sucking my neck like a vampire and then getting his face smashed in by Mark. Joshua already had his phone out and was texting someone. I assumed it was Thad. I knocked the phone from his grip, not sorry at all, when it hit the pavement with a loud smack. When he looked up at me, trouble glinting in his eyes, I did the best I could to hide my shit-eating grin.

"Oh, you little brat."

He lunged and grabbed me around the waist, hauling me over his shoulder. Throwing open the back door to his SUV, he ducked and dropped me on my back on the seat, attacking my ribs with his fingers. My squeals and shrieks weren't enough to deter him from his revenge. He was relentless in his tickling, and no matter how hard I struggled to scoot from him on the backseat, he just followed me in. When I was backed all the way into the opposite door and trying to suck in air, he paused, grinning like a fiend down at me.

"He gave you that hickey?" Joshua fucking lost it, almost laughing too hard to keep tickling me. I took the opportunity to try and shove him off which only brought his attention back to me.

"Mark - Mark, made it worse!' I gasped out between tickle attacks.

"You got them both to bite you? Without me?" His fingers dug into my ribs ever harder. "Say you're sorry."

I shook my head.

He set in again, and I finally gave up.

"Joshua! Please - okay - I'm going to pee! Sorry - sorry!"