Chapter 46

I was trembling with anticipation.

Naked and kneeling on Mark's huge bed, I waited. My head bowed, eyes glued to the floor, and my chest already heaving in excitement for a night that was going to change our relationship forever.

I could feel it. Tension was coiling and pulsing through the house, beckoning one of us to cut through and release it. My body was hyper-aware of it. The soft brush of air from the heat humming on broke me out in goosebumps. The creak of a floorboard made me jerk in surprise. Someone was walking the hallway. Voices drifted softly up from downstairs, just faint enough that I couldn't tell who it was or what they were saying, forcing my heart into overdrive. When footsteps stopped right outside the door, I thought I would hyperventilate.

Whoever it was didn't enter the room. I could hear them breathing. They watched me. It took every ounce of control not to look up at them. Joshua said 'eyes to the floor' so that's where they stayed. If it was him who stared at me, I wanted to show him I could follow his instructions, that I could be a good girl.

Fuck. Why did that turn me on so much? I dared to shift slightly, squeezing my thighs together and felt how wet I was becoming. What was taking them so long? This was absolute torture.

The man stepped inside. I held my breath.

I didn't recognize his scent, though he smelled really good. All I could see was his black boots and black pants. Mark? That was his usual uniform. No, it wasn't him. This wasn't any of the three of them.

I sucked in a breath, unsure what was happening.

Black gloved hands were on my knees, forcing them apart. My teeth dug into my bottom lip as he spread me wide, opening me up for anyone to see. He took my hands and placed them on my thighs, pressing down to indicate not to move.

Then the mystery man left, his heavy footsteps fading away and back downstairs.

It had to have been one of the security guards. There were men all around the Brownstone, inside and out. My eyes rolled at myself. That's why Joshua told me to keep the door open. He wanted me on display for everyone to see, and someone had just come in here to make sure all of me was exhibited. It seemed we were playing a game then.

How many of Mark's guys would come in here? Would they reposition me each time? Would they touch me? No, he wouldn't allow that. There was no way. They were being sent in here to tease me and get me so riled up that I'd be like a wild animal by the time any of my boys joined me. Joshua was trying to get me to break his rules. Which meant I was supposed to kneel here and take whatever he sent to me.

I was going to be his best girl.

Just as the footsteps faded down the stairs, another set began getting louder. These were softer, a little hesitant as he got closer to the room. His breathing was shallow and fast. I knew for certain it wasn't Mark, Joshua, or Noah.

I held very still, anxious to see what he would do, and didn't want to startle him. I almost laughed. If he was one of Mark's guys, he shouldn't be scared easily. They were supposed to be big, tough, take-no-shit men, except the way he was approaching me gave the impression he was nervous. Maybe a naked woman, open and vulnerable, was more intimidating than hunting down bad people.

Or Mark threatened him with certain death if he did anything wrong.

His hands were not gloved. A snake tattoo wound around his forearm and encircled his wrist, the red eyes of the cobra head stood out against the back of his tanned hand. I kept my eyes fixated on it while he brushed my hair over my shoulders, exposing my breasts to him. My nipples peaked, and he exhaled a cinnamon-tinted breath.