Struggle

Jeongguk stopped near the road after walking out of the chaotic building. He looked up and took a deep breath as he closed his eyes to calm himself down.

He just lost his job. Another job.

But, he did not care. He never liked that shitty place full of brainless creatures. Who they think they are!!!

He wanted to throw the mopping towel on their face but controlled himself at that moment. He decided to storm out of there throwing the towel away. Why would he clean their shoes? He was not some servant.

Even when he explained everything to his boss, the man scolded him instead, saying he should have done what they told him to do. He even said, he should have apologised to that girl for his rude behaviour.

Jeongguk scoffed, remembering the words again. He will never say sorry to anyone in that place. They did what he hated the most. In his life, he hated 2 things mostly. Touching the feet of those proud rich people and someone's inappropriate touch.

When his boss shouted 'you're fired', he knew it was those rich kids' doing. So, he changed his waiter's uniform without a word and left the building for good.

They thought, by firing him from the job they will take their revenge and defeat him. But, that's nothing for Jeongguk. Although he lost a job with good payment just now, he did not regret his behaviour earlier.

It's not easy to find another job instantly, but he will manage anyway. He will hunt for a new job tomorrow. But right now, he had the most important job to attend. The arena was calling him, the money was calling him. The shouting of the wild people of 'The Hellhounds' invaded his head. It's almost time.

Jeongguk pulled the phone out of his pocket and saw it's 9 pm right now. His match will start at 10:30. He had enough time to reach the building and rest before the match.

He pocketed his phone again and slowly walked to the nearby bust stoppage. After waiting for a few minutes there, he caught a bus to the area of his boxing club.

*

Jeongguk entered the elevator and pressed the button of the underground floor. Soon he reached it and stepped out of the elevator. Then he entered a narrow corridor which was near the main door to the boxing arena.

Two guards nodded their heads who were standing at the entrance of the corridor. They always guard the entrance so that no audience can enter there. The corridor was for the fighters only. When some fighters arrived during others' match, they had to enter through this corridor so that they don't attract the attention of the audiences.

Jeongguk nodded at them and they scanned his body and bag with some scanning device, then motioned him to go ahead. Jeongguk slowly walked through the narrow corridor which was bright due to some ceiling lights.

Soon, he reached the fighters' resting room. A few fighters looked up at him. Some nodded their heads with a small smirk. Some just ignored. Jeongguk sat down in his usual chair at the corner and put his bag down on the floor.

Today was the day he always felt a little relief. Because, after today, he did not have to come for 2 days. He had matches only on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

But the problem was he had two matches on Friday. It's very hard. If you get injured a lot during the first match, you will lose the second one. Along with that you will lose money. And if you're lucky and did not get injured much during the first one, then you will win the second one too. The money will be double. So, he tried hard to win both matches. But, most of the time, it was not possible to win both.

Suddenly, he heard some teasing whistle from the fighters and he looked up. He saw Abby, walked into the room in her fighting attire.

Black leather boots which reached her calf, black leather pants reaching her upper thigh, a black leather crop top with a black strap tightly wrapped around her knuckles to her wrist. Disheveled hair reaching her shoulder and bruised lips. A few other injuries on her arm and neck.