Bodyguard

"what do you want?" A small window opened on the gate and a face peeked outside through it.

"Job." Jeongguk said nonchalantly.

The man looked at his from head to toe. Seeing him in a simple black hoodie with his hands inside his hoodie's pocket, a faded blue jeans and a pair of old black shoes, the man became annoyed a little and looked uninterested.

"What job? There's no job here." The man said, trying to make him go away from there.

"Bodyguard. For the Kims." Jeongguk said, equally looked uninterested to stay in that place.

"Ohh.." The man raised his eyebrows hearing the word 'bodyguard' and disappeared, then soon small gate at the side opened, revealing a man in a uniform.

"Come inside." The man said, looked welcoming this time, and Jeongguk entered through the gate.

As the man led him through the wide path, Jeongguk looked around while walking behind the man. Tall, green trees which reminded him of Christmas trees accompanied the whole path, from the both side. Along the trees, there were beautifully trimmed bushes, with different shapes.

Between the bushes, there were a few statues, in every 3 metres. Those were of men and women, in different pose. A few were of eagle, falcon, tiger, lion etc. But Jeongguk liked a particular one, a wolf statue. It reminded him of himself inside the arena cage.

The flower gardens at the both side gave a small forest like vibe to Jeongguk. Jeongguk did not notice the mansion because he was too engrossed in the natural beauty around him. But when he looked at his front, he raised his eyebrows a little.

The huge mansion can stole anyone's attention and hypnotize them with its beauty. The big, white marbled pillars stood tall and the cream coloured mansion had golden and light blue touch at some specific spots. The wide stairs led to a huge wooden door at the front.

They reached the beautiful fountain. There was a statue of an angel with her wings spread out at her back and a wand in her right hand. She was looking towards the sky, pointing her wand towards it. Her right knee was bent a little as if she was flying towards the sky. Jeongguk stared at the statue for a few seconds, mesmerized.

"This way." He looked away from the statue at the man's voice and then followed him towards the side of the mansion.

They walked through a narrow path and soon the backside of the mansion came into Jeongguk's view. The backside was another beauty. A big ground covered with trimmed grass with a big glasshouse at one side. At the other side, he saw a few small yet beautiful houses. A flower garden with fruit trees started from the side of the glasshouse.

Then his eyes landed on a few men near the glasshouse who were sitting on the grass filled ground, talking among themselves. When Jeongguk neared them, they looked at him with curious eyes.

"These are the other candidates. You can sit with them here and wait for the interview." The man who led them Jeongguk to there, spoke out, then walked away from there.

Jeongguk did not sit down and looked at the men on the ground. They were also looking at him with curiosity and sharp eyes. Most of them frowned with an annoyed look on their faces, thinking they had another competitor now.

Suddenly, someone came out from the back door of the mansion, followed by a butler. The man was in a dark blue office suit, black shiny shoes and nicely styled hair. Seeing the man, the men on the ground widened their eyes and immediately stood up. Then the suited man stood in front of the sofa which was placed outside, and looked at the people in front of him.

"Welcome to the Kim Mansion. I'm the elder master of Kim's household, Kim Chang Wook." The suited man introduced himself normally.

The people in front of him looked at him in awe and admiration. They needed no introduction as they recognised who he was. They were just very happy that they finally saw him face to face instead of the television and newspaper. And now they had the opportunity to talk to him too.