A Small Lie

"Akaba Reiji, are you affiliated with Academia?" Akaba Reiji's eyes narrowed after he heard that statement come out from my mouth.

"And who give you that idea to ask me that question?" His voice might be polite, but his face didn't match with his tone of voice.

"A duelist named Kurosaki Shun attacked me when I'm on my way here. He accused me for affiliated with Academia. Though I emerge as the winner, he give me quite a few bruises." I replied calmly. "His ally named Yuto, who attacked Sawatari Shingo and me three days ago, told me everything about Academia, its leader and Four Dimensions. Thus, I'll ask you once again: Are you affiliated with Academia?"

"What are you gonna do if I affiliated with Academia?" He asked once again.

"Then I'll stop you right here and now. However-" I pointed at him. "-I can safely assumed that you don't affiliated with them."

"Oh? And may I ask why you come to that conclusion?"

"If you really affiliated with them, you didn't have to faked your father's 'death' as you and him will spread propaganda about whatever your goal is to gain more soldiers. Tell me if I'm wrong."

With a small smile, he nodded, "That's true. Very well, since you know this much, it's pointless to hide it from you anymore. The leader of Academia, Akaba Leo, was planned to destroy the four dimensions for unknown purposes."

"So, he left his wife and son and make them run such a big company for achieving his fucked up dream?" I asked.

Throw your new life and family away for an old world and daughter that doesn't exist anymore is a definition of ungrateful. This is the main reason why I hated him.

"Yes. And you can see, I'm success in that endeavor." Reiji stated.

"I appreciated you for that, Akaba Reiji. So, are you had a plan to stop your father?"

"I'll tell you after I convinced the Xyz natives who goes on rampage in this city to join me." Reiji straightened his glasses. "For now, let's go into our business. Please follow me."

I followed Reiji as he guide me to some kind of room that had metallic doors in it. When he opened it, I saw a high-tech lab with giant computers at the other end of the room.

"This is my private lab. A place where I makes my own cards." Damn, to think this lab has purpose for making cards, this is what makes a yugioh is yugioh. "I'll guide you here, as well as I'm curious at the cards you planned to make."

"Sure." I opened the note app on my D-Pad and click 'Project Rain of Cards' content. "I'm looking forward for your guidance, Akaba Reiji."

And with that last sentences, we began to do the first step to make official cards. This project of mine surely would strengthen the trio, and Sora.

Tomorrow - Matsutani's Apartment

Yuya and I are currently at my apartment. At first, I planned to train him in Harbour, but I overheard Yuzu and Sora gonna train at that place. Thus, I used plan B: my apartment.

"First of all, I need to look at your Deck." Yuya was a little hesistant but he obliged. I looked at his Deck and in instant, I sighed. "Yuya, with all due respect, what the fuck is this? Your deck is an abomination that already happened."

Lack of searchers and starters, many bricky cards, and most of his Pendulum cards had a same scales. This answer my question of why the heck Yuya bricked at his match against Mieru.

"What's wrong with my deck?" Yuya asked, genuinely confused. "It works just fine."

"Everything. Lack of searchers, many unecessary cards, and spell/trap that doesn't compatible with your deck. Believe me, someday you'll doomed if you keep this." I took out the cards that I prepared for Yuya. "Good thing we can fix that before it's too late."