Battle Royale/Invasion: Opening Act

"New outfits, Akira nii-san?" Yuya grinned at my so-called new outfit when he saw me arrived for opening the third round.

I was wearing a black hoodie with long sleeved white shirt as the innerwear, black pants and black shoes. Oh, and also a mask for some 'midnight' party, but I'm not wear that now.

In summary after I explained the situation to the group, I sleep at Yuya's house before leaving in the morning. I'm not watching the rest of second round duels because I need to prepare for this Battle Royale. Like mineral waters, foods, and crispy plums.

Those are a must.

And I also bumped into LDS to equip the carding technology into my duel disk. Yes, I know it's wrong but hey, it's all fair in war. Beside, my purpose to held them until the war is over before uncarded them again.

Oh, and I also adding underrated handtrap: Ghost Sister & Spooky Dogwood. Gain LP when opponent Special Summon monsters, useful for a bit recovering. I wonder why Floren didn't add these handtrap into her Aroma Deck.

"Not really, just changed my vest into hoodie, and everything is just as same. Anyway, you two are ready for 'that', right?" The duo's expression become serious as they both nodded. "Good. Don't forget you two to always together. Don't ever go alone, okay?"

"What about you, nii-san?" Yuya asked.

"I'll do my own thing. Like, drawing attention of the cultists." Also, finding the mole and the sadistic emo boy.

"Yuya! Yuzu! Matsutani-san!" Gongenzaka greeted us. "I, the man Gongenzaka, hoped that in this round, we continue to give our best."

"Always." Especially when your life is at stakes. "You seems so fired up, Gongenzaka."

"Because I am!"

"Everyone, thank you for waiting!" Nico announced. "Right now, a Battle Royale between these 16 competitors will begin!"

Nico then explained about the rules, Pendulum cards that scattered towards the city, you used that as betting chips, yada yada yada, you got the gist of it.

It's like Battle City all over again.

3rd POV - LDS Control Room

So this is your 'recruited' duelists to face against Obelisk Force?" Yuto asked Reiji, who nodded in confirmation.

This morning, Kurosaki contacted Yuto to come into LDS and brought Yugo along with him. After their arrivals, they're both greeted by Reiji and Sora as Reiji told the plan to both of them.

"Indeed. Those are the best duelists that qualified to the top 16, including your partner." Reiji explained. "You, Yugo, Shiunin and several duelists would be a back-up duelists to help."

"Still, can we trust him?" Yuto glared at Sora. "He's the Academia's spy, even though Matsutani-san said that he betrayed Academia, there's still a chance-"

"Don't need to worry, Xyz duelist." Sora cut him off. "It's impossible for me to betray the Lancers. The reason is because Academia targeted Yuzu and the world will end if they got her, and last, Matsutani already had me on his palm."

"What the heck does that even mean?" Yugo said in confusion.

"No need to thinking about that." Reiji replied. "What matter is Shiunin wouldn't betray us."

Yuto just nodded as he look at the participants in curious. His eyes then darted at Matsutani Akira. He wonders what kind of plan he prepared for Obelisk Force.

Matsutani POV

"Duel disk on! Duelist locked in a battle! Kicking the earth and dancing in the air with their monsters! They storm through the field! Behold! This is the greatest evolution of dueling! Action-"