Friendship Cup - Opening

Matsutani Akira POV

The exhibition match of Friendship Cup is same as Canon where Yuya facing Jack Atlas. This proved to be interesting consider it's a duel between 'OC' influenced Yuya fight against Jack Atlas.

However, most of the participants around us chattering in mournful tone and giving some sympatic words towards Yuya, as if he's marching to his own death. Not really blame them, to be honest. Jack Atlas is one hell of a strong duelist, both in 5Ds manga and anime and Arc-V. One of few duelists that can beat Yusei in the duel (Off-screen in anime and on screen in manga).

OCG/TCG/Master Duel game wise, Resonator Deck is a popular rogue deck or maybe tier 3/2 Deck. The new support that keep coming definitely help them.

Speaking of participants, there's 32 participants, and some of them watched the duel at the main hall with a big screen. The Lancers decided to join as well except Kurosaki who still had trust issue on us.

At least I managed to convinced Reiji to put Reira away from dueling on high speed. He definitely didn't need to get Ruka and Rua treatment. The civil war and this war has traumatize him already, no need to put another one.

"I don't understand." Yuto wake me up from my daydreaming. "Why everyone treated Yuya like...some sort of sacrificial lamb?"

"Long story short, at every opening of Friendship Cup, one poor participant will be pulled as that sacrificial lamb for Jack Atlas." Sect answered. "This is to show how powerful he is."

And to crush the confidence of the participants, and it's successful. I wonder if this is designed by Jack himself or by the Council.

"It's not that bad, right?" Yuzu asked, concerned. Nobody answer her, though. "Right?"

"Fear not, Yuzu," I decided to reassured her. "This is just an exhibition duel and he would be okay. Nothing would happened to him if he lose this match."

"...I hope you are right, Matsutani-san." Yuzu sighed as her eyes were glued back to the screen.

Chiaki-san pat me on the shoulder, "You seems so calm about this matter while we are concerned about him."

"Council had told Reiji that nothing would be happened to Yuya if he lost this exhibition match." I explained. "Well, we don't know how it will affect him if he lost, but you get my point."

"Now it's the time for long anticipated duel!" The announcer named Mellisa Claire declared right after we turned on the TV. "But first, we will activate the Field Spell. From now, the rules will changed. Action Field-what's that?"

I understand Reiji's intention to make everything easier for us and to promote Action Duel to the locals. Unlike Raiden or Floren, I understand that he's a businessman by the heart, and he knows Action Duels could be profitable for him both in war wise or business wise. This Action Riding Duel on exhibition match is his way to see how much, Tops or Commons alike, like it.

Truly Kaiba 2.0.

The only downside is we looks like incapable to duel awesomely without it, but that's okay. The Council had seen Reiji and my group's duels without using Action Cards so they had no doubt that we are already strong even without using it.

It's just up to the rest how they use it.

"I'm not sure what it is, but...Action Field on! Field Spell - Crossover Accel!"

The track turned to be more brighter and colourful than before as the sphere contains Action Cards spreads throughout the tracks.

"Riding Duel - Acceleration!"