Chapter 6

2 months later.

Dylan's point of view.

Cayden and I have been dating for about two months now, and we are still in the honeymoon phase of our relationship. We are still figuring out our routine as a couple, including how often we can see each other while still being able to have time for ourselves. We wanted to spend time together without being co-dependent. 

Friday night Baseball game.

Cayden: I will see you after the game babe.

Dylan: Yeah good luck handsome.

Cayden leans over the fence to kiss Dylan's lips.

Locker room. 

Nick: Seems to be going pretty well between you and Dylan. 

Cayden: Yeah we are doing well we are super happy.

Nick: You glad I helped you guys out?

Cayden: Oh please you didn't do that much we figured most of it out on our own.

General point of view.

As the baseball game progressed, Dylan's enthusiasm knew no bounds. With every crack of the bat and swift sprint around the bases, he cheered for his boyfriend Cayden as if the whole stadium could hear him. The rhythmic clapping of hands and the chorus of cheers from the stands created a symphony of support, with Dylan's voice rising above the rest. The game was coming to a close. The score was 23-19 in our favor as it was a home game. Cayden stepped up to the plate to pitch the final ball, and the crowd cheered loudly. After the game, Dylan and Cayden planned to go back to the dorms and watch a movie, have some dinner, and fall asleep early. Meanwhile, Jake was sleeping over in Nick and Cayden's dorm.

Dylan's point of view.

They had won the game and I was very proud of Cayden and the rest of the team. I was especially proud of Cayden because he was my boyfriend and we always supported each other. However, the next couple of weeks were going to be busy as it was officially spring, which meant the spring drama was about to happen. This year, we were doing Grease, and I was a techie while Cayden was an amazing actor. I was the stage manager, so I found myself very busy and wasn't able to see Cayden as much as I would have liked. But, I knew I would be seeing him more often within the next couple of days as the show began to come together.

Rehersal Monday night.

Cayden: Babe have you seen the jackets no one can find them.

Dylan: Not my problem ask the costume designer. 

Cayden: Alright she told me to ask you. 

Dylan: Maya the jackets are your problem.

Maya: You were drawing the logo on them remember? 

Dylan: Shit yes my mistake.

Maya: No problem where are they just tell me and I will grab them. 

Dylan: Yes they are drying in the prop room.

Maya: Peferct thanks Dylan is there anything I could do to help take anything off your plate?

Dylan: Honestly that would be great.

Cayden: Babe you need to take a breather your going to lose your shit.

Dylan: I know I need to breathe but I don't have time to breathe tech week is starting tomorrow. 

Cayden: Breath babe.

Dylan: Worry about you please I can handle this.

Cayden: Okay sorry babe.

Cayden's point of view.

I was worried about Dylan. He doesn't do well under pressure, and I was concerned that he might have a nervous breakdown. I  appreciated that Maya asked if she could help in any way she could because he needed assistance with this task, and cracking under pressure was not something he needed right now.

Cayden: Hey Maya!

Maya: What's up Cayden?

Cayden: Try to help him as much as you can.

Maya: Of course, I am worried about him.

Cayden: Same here we don't need him cracking under pressure. 

Maya: No especially because tech week is starting tomorrow. 

Cayden: Thank you. 

Maya: Of course, you guys are adorable together.

Cayden: yeah so I have been told.

Tech week.

Dylan: Our first break is at 1:30 then we have to be back here by 2:30 guys!

Dylan's point of view.

I work as a stage manager for a show, and my job is vital to ensure a seamless performance. Though I'm hidden in the shadows, my work is integral to the production. I manage the chaos backstage, cue the performers, and keep the rhythm of the show going. I may not have the glamour of being in the spotlight, but the satisfaction of orchestrating a flawless performance of lights, sounds, and movements is my reward.

Cayden: Do you want to go grab food babe?

Dylan: Yeah give like two seconds I have to take John.

Cayden: Meet you outside?

Dylan: Yes, please.

Cayden: Okay.

Dylan: Hey John!

John: What's up Dylan?

Dylan: The sound guy is supposed to be here to meet with us at 3:00 and the soundboard needs some help. 

John: Yes I will work on that well you guys are on break.

Dylan: Great thanks, John.

Dylan's point of view.

John was my professor and director in charge of the Drama Department at our school. He was an incredibly kind and understanding person, and easily one of my favorite professors. Everything he did for the show was awesome, and we couldn't have asked for a better director. 

Cayden's point of view. 

Opening night of the show went really well Dylan didn't have a break down because he finally agreed to let Maya help him out so he wasn't stressing so much which I was glad because I did not need my boyfriedn having a mental break down, because if he had one that meant I was going to have one and I also did not need that.

Two weeks later Midterms.

Cayden's point of view.

It was offically our first college midterms and we had both heard that college midterms were the worst of all and truthfully at this moment in time I couldn't agree more I was knee deep into studying for all my classes and hadn't really seen Dylan in weeks, as we both super knee deep into study for midterms. You may thinking why aren't you guys studying together you are both in all the same classes, well we tried that and we just ended up making out not that we were complaning but we did need to focus on passing our midterms.