Chapter 5

Cayden's point of view.

The next morning, I woke up in Dylan's arms with friends still playing on the TV in the dorm room. Dylan had drooled on the pillow, but he looked really cute while sleeping. It was nice to wake up in his arms, and I wouldn't mind doing this more often. However, I had to get up because I needed to head back to my room and get ready for class. I knew Dylan had to get up as well because we shared most of the same classes and had classes that day.

Cayden: Hey sleepy head wake up.

Dylan: mhm shut up.

Cayden: We have a class we need to get up. 

Dylan: mhm five more minutes you are comfortable. 

Cayden: As much, I would love that it's already 8:30 and class starts at 9:30. 

Dylan: Fine you have to back to your dorm right?

Cayden: Yes I do.

Dylan: Kiss and then you can go. 

Cayden leans in to kiss Dylan's lips.

Cayden: We are going on a date tonight.

Dylan: Awe you going to take me on our first date?

Cayden: Yes because I want to figure out what this is and maybe label it. 

Dylan: I want that too. 

Cayden: Good.

Dylan: Meet you in the student lounge in 15?

Cayden: Sounds good.

Cayden kissed Dylan one more time before walking out of the room.

Student Lounge.

Nick: Hey Dylan morning!

Dylan: Hey.

Cayden: Hey you!

Dylan: hi. 

Nick: What the fuck is going on between you two?

Dylan: Nothing you need to worry about yet.

Nick: Oh come you guys are my favorite ship I want to know.

Dylan: We will tell you when we are good and ready. 

Nick: Fine! but I better be the first to know.

Cayden: Of course you will be don't worry Nick. 

Nick: Good. 

Date time. 

Dylan: So are you going to tell me where the hell we are going?

Cayden: We are going to the drive-in movies. 

Dylan: That sounds fun what are we seeing?

Cayden: What's your favorite horror movie?

Dylan: Nightmare on Elm Street!

Cayden: Yes even though I will be hiding behind you the whole time I want you to have a good first date with me.

Dylan: Oh come that movie is so not scary it's like funny scary.

Cayden: Whatever you say.

General point of view.

The night air carried an eerie stillness as Dylan and Cayden, a new couple deeply in love, ventured to the old drive-in theater for a horror movie date night. The flickering lights of the vintage marquee cast unsettling shadows on their faces as they pulled into the deserted lot. The air was thick with anticipation, and a mysterious atmosphere surrounded the dilapidated screen that awaited them. As the haunting melody of the horror movie's soundtrack echoed through the car speakers, Dylan and Cayden huddled together, their excitement tinged with nervous energy. The plot unfolded with dark shadows and unexpected twists, captivating their attention. However, as the tension in the movie escalated, they began to notice peculiar shadows dancing outside their car, casting sinister silhouettes on the frosted windows. Dylan's grip on Cayden tightened as whispers seemed to drift through the air, whispers that echoed the ghostly tales of the drive-in's past. The chilling wind carried a spectral voice, weaving stories of love gone awry and restless spirits seeking solace. Unnerved yet intrigued, the couple exchanged glances, questioning whether the tales were mere figments of their imagination or something more. As the horror movie reached its climax, the boundaries between fiction and reality blurred. Ghostly figures seemed to materialize on the fringes of the car's headlights, casting eerie glows. Cayden and Dylan's hearts raced in unison as the spectral projections mirrored the emotions of the characters on screen, heightening the suspense within their vehicle.

End of movie General point of view.

The credits rolled on the horror movie, and as Dylan's head found a comfortable resting place on Cayden's shoulder, a wave of exhaustion swept over him. His eyes grew heavy, and he succumbed to the weariness of the night, oblivious to the lingering suspense in the air. As Dylan dozed off during a horror movie, Cayden couldn't help but question the quirks of his boyfriend. With Dylan peacefully sleeping beside him, Cayden's mind wandered into a realm of uncertainty. A hint of doubt crept in as he pondered the implications of having a boyfriend who could drift into slumber amidst a spine-chilling film. Thoughts raced through Cayden's mind, sparking a whimsical concern – could this nonchalant demeanor during a horror movie be a façade for something darker? Yet, amidst Cayden's doubts, echoes of the earlier revelation lingered in the air. The word "boyfriend" had been uttered, a label officially embraced during the movie. Both boys, amid suspense and shadows, had leaped a new chapter of their relationship. The term held a certain magic, a dreamlike quality that now painted their connection in vibrant hues. As Cayden wrestled with his thoughts, he gently nudged Dylan, stirring him from his peaceful slumber. The sleepy gaze that met Cayden's eyes revealed not a hidden malevolence but rather a genuine innocence. In the quiet of the drive-in night, Cayden realized that the quirks and idiosyncrasies of his boyfriend only added layers to their love story, making it unique and authentic. With a shared smile, Dylan and Cayden stepped out of their car into the cool night air. The doubts that momentarily clouded Cayden's mind began to dissipate, replaced by the warmth of the affection they had professed during the movie. The shadows that danced around them held no foreboding secrets, only the mystery of the unknown, and the two boys were ready to embrace it together as officially declared boyfriends.

The next morning in the student lounge.

Nick: Where were you two last night?

Dylan: We had our first date and have news.

Nick: Awe my boys are dating I am screaming!

Jake: Of course you are!

Cayden: So we take you guys are happy?

Nick: Why wouldn't we be happy for you guys?

Cayden: I don't know.

Nick: We finally have another gay couple to go on doubt date with going on doubt date with straight people is gross.

Cayden: That's so Vaild Straight people scare me. 

Nick: So this is exciting!

Cayden: Yeah it is.

Dylan and Cayden share a smile leaning into kiss each other lips quickly.