Chapter 4

Dylan's point of view.

The drive down to the shore was a pleasant ride. It didn't take us long, only about an hour and a half from the college. A nice liquor store is around the corner from my Aunt's shore house, where Nick will pick up the drinks once we arrive. We plan to have a relaxing night, gather around the fire, and chat. Tomorrow morning, we'll head to the beach for the day, and return around dinner time to grill outside.

Shore house.

Cayden: Oh the ocean it smells so good!

Dylan: It always smells good!

Cayden: I want to live on the Beach forever can we drop out of school and move here?

Dylan: If only Cay I would do it in a heartbeat.

Cayden: All I want right now is to sit around the fire.

Nick: Hey where is the liquor store?

Cayden: right around the corner.

Nick: Cool Jake and I will be back in like 20 minutes you guys want to get a fire started?

Cayden: Sounds like a plan.

Dylan's point of view.

The night turned out to be quite enjoyable; we all indulged a bit too much in alcohol. When it was time to retire, Cayden and I found ourselves sharing a room. The predictable aftermath unfolded given our inebriated state. The following morning, as we pieced together the events, uncertainty lingered about the direction our connection might take. However, one undeniable truth emerged – our feelings for each other were genuine and exclusive. Amidst the haze of the night, one thing became clear: there was something in our future, whether it be a relationship or another chapter, but it was certain there was a conversation waiting to unfold. 

Downstairs. 

Nick: Morning lovebirds.

Dylan: Good morning. 

Jake: Nice Hickeys Cayden.

Cayden: Dylan!

Nick: Oh my god they finally did they had sex!

Dylan: Will you shut up we were drunk!

Nick: What does this mean are you guys together now?

Dylan: We didn't even really talk about yet but we do know our feelings are true for each other.

Nick: It's about damn time my boys are all grown up. 

Dylan: We should talk about it in private later Cay. 

Cayden: Of course.

Cayden's point of view.

The next couple of days at the beach were nice. In the meantime, Dylan and I were still unclear about what we were. We decided to take it slow and not put a label on ourselves as a couple yet. However, we knew we cared for each other and that making out was a lot of fun. We hadn't stopped doing it the whole time we were down the shore. When we were alone, our lips were connected, not leaving enough room to even breathe. I was fine with that because I was kissing my best friend, whom I had been in love with for years.

Back at school. 

Cayden's point of view. 

It's been two days since Dylan and I came back from the shore. We've been hanging out a lot, which mostly consists of making out and discussing our relationship's next steps. We've been finding secret spots on campus to make out and talk, and we haven't told anyone, not even our closest friends Nick and Jake. We want to keep our newfound feelings to ourselves and take our time figuring out this new thing.

Thursday night before an away baseball game.

Cayden: Are you sure you can't come to the game?

Dylan: Yeah I really can't I have a meeting with a professor and by the time it gets done it will be too late for me to even try to make it to the game.

Cayden: But you are my good luck charm. 

Dylan: That's really sweet Cay I really want to be there you know that. 

Cayden: Ugh I know you do can I at least get a kiss for good luck?

Dylan: Yeah come here.

Cayden's point of view.

One little kiss turned into a heated makeout session in the locker room before the rest of the team arrived to get ready for our away game. Dylan and I were so lost in the moment that we didn't hear the locker room door open. We were caught off guard when someone from the team walked in and found us in a compromising position.

Andrew: Woah Cayden sorry to interrupt I didn't know anyone was here yet.

Cayden: Uh it's okay just um please don't tell anyone we don't want anyone to know yet.

Andrew: Of course your secrets are safe with me but if you don't mind me asking are you Dylan dating now?

Cayden: We aren't sure what we are yet but we know we have feelings.

Andrew: Well congratulations. 

Dylan: I am going to head out before anyone else shows up good luck tonight guys!

Cayden: Text you when I am heading back Jake is sleeping over in mine and Nick's dorm tonight mind if I crash at yours I don't want to hear them having sex at 2 in the morning.

Dylan: Sure we can watch a movie or something.

Cayden: Sounds like a plan.

Dylan winks and walks out of the locker room. 

Cayden's point of view.

We were caught by one of the loudest people on the team, Andrew. He was known for spreading rumors around, which made me nervous. I really didn't want rumors spreading about me and Dylan before we even knew what we were. On top of that, I wasn't out to everyone yet. Dylan had been out as bisexual for years, and everyone we knew on campus seemed cool with it. Everyone on the team knew that Nick was queer and dating Jake, and they were cool with it, but it still made me nervous.

After the game Dylan and Jake's dorm. (Cayden knocks on the door)

Dylan: Hey come in handsome.

Cayden: Jake is already at my dorm.

Dylan: Yeah I know.

Cayden: So what movie did you want to watch?

Dylan: Hmm I don't know I didn't think you wanted to watch a movie but I mean can if you want.

Cayden: I mean let's just put one for the background noise. 

Dylan: Sure I am going to put on Friends. 

Cayden: To be honest I will probably end up falling asleep I am tired.

Dylan: That's fine wanna go lay in bed and we can cuddle?

Cayden: that sounds nice.

Dylan: Did you guys win the game?

Cayden: No we lost 21- 24. 

Dylan: Awe sorry to hear that handsome.

Cayden: It's okay we will the next one its also an away game and you better be there it's Saturday. 

Dylan:  of course, I will be there.