Chapter 2

Nick's point of view.

I met Cayden on the first day and I had a good feeling that we were going to be good friends. We opened up to each other pretty quickly. It turned out that his best friend, Dylan, was my boyfriend's roommate. So, the four of us became fast friends and hung out often. We were all close, but Cayden and I were closer, and Jake and Dylan were closer. We both shared that special roommate bond with each other.

Saturday at the Baseball game.

Dylan: Hey Nick can I talk to you for a second?

Nick: Yeah sure what's up dude?

Dylan: so you know that Cay's birthday is coming up?

Nick: Of course I do he's been talking about it all week. 

Dylan: Well I wanted to do something special since it's his 21st birthday and we have this stupid tradition that we go to an arcade on both of our birthdays but I feel like that's getting old.

Nick: Don't break tradition because that's all he's been talking about all week he says you guys go to the arcade and do Go Karting, he says it depends on his whos birthday but you let each other win on each other's birthdays, and its adorable. 

Dylan: I am not saying we break tradition but I am throwing him and Suprise party and I need your help. 

Nick: Of course anything you need dude.

Dylan: I don't want to do anything huge just like you and Jake and we go down the shore for a few days my aunt has a shore house and she said I was welcome to use it anytime I wanted to.

Nick: When do you want to do this?

Dylan: Next weekend to throw him off his birthday is Monday.

Nick: Sounds good. 

Dylan: Yeah can I put you in charge of getting drinks?

Nick: Yes since I am the only one that can legally drink. 

Dylan: Yeah this is what you get for being older than all of us. 

Nick: Yeah it kind of does suck. 

Dylan: Don't you have to go warm up?

Nick: Yeah I am about to be yelled at by the coach text me later dude.

Dylan: I will. 

Over on the field. 

Cayden: What were you and Dylan talking about so intently? 

Nick: Nothing he asked me a question about the party tonight. 

Cayden: Sure he did don't lie to me!

Nick: I am not lying he did ask me about the party. 

Cayden: Whatever.

Cayden's point of view.

I knew when Nick and Dylan were lying to me they were both terrible liars and couldn't lie to save themselves they were up to something and I knew it had to do with my birthday that happened to be on Monday they were planning a surprise party or something. 

After the game. 

Dylan: Hey nice game idiots.

Nick: Thanks, idiot.

Cayden: Who are you calling an idiot?

Dylan: You because you are one. 

Party.

Dylan's point of view.

The party began an hour ago and everyone was drinking. Cayden, in particular, seemed to be quite drunk after just one Truly drink. He has always been a lightweight when it comes to alcohol and was acting flirty, which was no surprise to me. I have known this about him since our freshman year of high school, which was when we attended our first party together.

Nick's point of view.

I had the plan to get these two lovebirds together. I had gotten them both very drunk on purpose, hoping that maybe they would finally kiss or take their relationship to the next level. Let's face it - these two have been crushing on each other since high school, and even before that, Cayden had feelings for the other person. As their friend, I wanted to be supportive and do everything I could to help them fall in love with each other.

Jake's point of view.

I knew exactly what Nick's plan was he wanted them to get together and if I was being honest so did I they would make an even cuter couple than Nick and I and were adorable together everyone told us that all the time and we always loved the attention we got as a couple we were supported around the college by everyone we came in contact with of course there were some dicks and homophobic people but there was always going to be. 

Cayden: Hey baby.

Dylan: Who are you calling baby?

Cayden:  You handsome.

Dylan: Yes and you're very drunk Cay.

Cayden: Yeah I am drunk in love with you.

Dylan: Okay come let's get you some coffee we don't need you doing something stupid. 

Cayden: I don't want Coffee I want you. 

Dylan: You are drunk you don't know what you're saying you don't have feelings for me. 

Cayden: How do you know how I feel?

Dylan: Because I have had feelings for years and flirted with you for years and damn it you never returned them. 

Nick: Dylan chill he's drunk and drunk words are sober thoughts.

Dylan: Dude fuck off you don't know how in love I am with him.

Nick: Yeah but I know how in love he is with you he never stops talking about you. 

Dylan: I am going to take him back to the dorms.

Nick: Okay let me know you get back safe okay?

Dylan: I will, and I am sorry for freaking out on you. 

Nick: It's Okay. 

Dylan's point of view. 

Cayden was intoxicated, and as usual, I found myself looking after him. In his inebriated state, he confessed his feelings for me. However, when he was sober, it seemed as if he could barely recall expressing those sentiments. This left me feeling disheartened about the possibility of us being together. I was genuinely in love with him, but it appeared that he might never truly want to be with me. The realization that his feelings might not be genuine and the notion that drunk words reflect sober thoughts seemed unfounded. 

Back at the dorms.

Cayden: Don't leave.

Dylan: I am going to my dorm go to sleep, you idiot.

Cayden: Stay with me, babe.

Dylan: Don't call me babe.

Cayden: Dylan! 

Dylan: What?

Cayden grabs Dylan's hips pulling him into a kiss.