Chapter 7

Dylan's point of view.

Midterms were officially over, and we had both passed our classes. We were grateful for that but now that they were over that meant Thanksgiving break was coming up something I was not looking forward to because I didn't have the best relationship with my parents let's just say they weren't the most accepting of me being Bisexual. I hated it because right before I moved out I told them I was bisexual and I hadn't spoken to them since I came out to them and they told me I wasn't welcome in their home anymore that I was no longer their son, I hadn't even told Cayden because I knew he would be upset. 

Three days before Thanksgiving break. 

Cayden: So, you are going to your parents?

Dylan: Yeah I am leave Friday.

Cayden: Oh okay I am leaving Thursday maybe I will see you over break?

Dylan: Yeah I was planning on stopping to visit some friends from high school.

Cayden: Oh cool maybe we could go together, I don't want to go the whole break without seeing you.

Dylan's point of view.

I was lying I wasn't going to see my parents because as I said before I hadn't spoken to them since I left for college and I hadn't planned on it because they didn't reach out to me about their son so why should I reach out to them I was going to spend the holiday with my sister and her boyfriend and they didn't speak to my sister either because her partner was Transgender, they had a history with this and by that I mean they were homophobic and my sister Rachel told me the best idea was to come out them when I moved out as she did I remember it like yesterday, she moved out the day she graduated high school with her best friend at the time who is now her boyfriend Cameron he was always awesome he always supports me he helped me realized I was bisexual and told me that it was okay to be myself. 

Cayden: Why don't we drive back together I could drop you off at your parents on my way my parents.

Dylan: I wanted to drive back by myself sorry babe.

Cayden: Oh that's okay.

Cayden's point of view.

Dylan was acting weird, I mean weirder than usual I felt like something was off with him I mean truly wrong like he used to be close with his parents and I noticed he hadn't mentioned them recently I mean maybe he hasn't had time to them I wasn't going to push on something that wasn't any of my business even though I was curious about but it wasn't my problem if he wasn't talking to his parents. 

Thanksgiving break. 

Text between Cayden and Dylan. 

Cayden: Hey babe!

Dylan: Hey?

Cayden: Miss you!

Dylan: Miss you too what's up?

Cayden: I drove past your parent's house this morning on my way to the store there was a for sale sign.

Dylan: Yeah they are moving to another state dad got another job.

Cayden: Wow their car was in the driveway I didn't see yours.

Dylan: Yeah I went over to my sister for the afternoon they don't talk to her anymore.

Cayden: Right. 

Dylan: Yeah I gotta go bye!

Cayden: Bye talk later?

Dylan: Sure!

End of texts.

Cayden's point of view.

I had texted Dylan earlier because I drove past his parent's house and there was a for sale sign and a giant dumpster he said his parents were moving and that he went to visit his sister for the afternoon but I had feelings something was wrong again I didn't want to push him into talking about something he didn't want to talk about but it worried me. 

Back at school after break Student lounge.

Dylan: Hey babe!

Cayden: Hey how was your break?

Dylan: It was good I spent a lot of time catching up with my sister.

Cayden: That must have been fun did you go to your parents?

 Dylan: Yeah I just spent a lot of time with my sister because I don't see her much because my parents don't speak to her.

Cayden: Yeah I know, but why?

Dylan: Stuff happened between when she graduated high school and she cut ties. 

Cayden: Are you not telling me something Dylan your acting weird.

Dylan: No I am not acting weird why are being so annoying? 

Cayden: How I am I being annoying I am concerned for my boyfriend. 

Dylan: Don't be I am fine. 

Cayden: God you are so hard to read!

Dylan: Why are you trying to read me?

Cayden: Because something is going on and you're not telling me!

Dylan: Why are you yelling at me?

Cayden: Because you're supposed to trust me and talk to me its called being in a relationship which I thought we were in.

Dylan: Can we not fucking fight in the student lounge of our school?

Cayden: Whatever I am done with conversation anyways.

Dylan: Oh really?

Cayden: Yes I am going to walk away before I say something I regret. 

Dylan: Fine.

Cayden: Fine.

Back at Nick and Cayden's dorm.

Nick: Hey Cayden you alright?

Cayden: Fucking great!

Nick: Woah who pissed in your cheerios?

Cayden: My fucking boyfriend!

Nick: Trouble in paradise?

 Cayden: Yeah I guess you could say that he's lying to me I can tell. 

Nick: Lying about what?

Cayden: I don't think he is talking to his parents anymore for some reason. 

Nick: Why do you think that he went home for Thanksgiving?

Cayden: Yeah I don't think he went to his parents I think he spent it with his sister.

Nick: Okay big deal he spent with his sister why does that bother you so much?

Cayden: God you don't get it!

Nick: Oh I see someone is on his man period. 

Cayden: Fuck you!

Cayden storms out of the dorm.

Nick: Drama queen!

Jake walks past Cayden in the hall. 

Jake: Hey Cay.

Cayden: Fuck you!

Jake: Damn what did I do?

Jake walks into Nick's dorm.

Jake: What's Cay's problem he just told me to fuck off in the hallway.

Nick: He's fighting with Dylan and on his man period.

Jake: Oh makes sense (pecks his boyfriend's lips) How was your break I missed you. 

Nick: It was good how was yours?

Jake: It was good.