Chapter 3

Two days later.

Dylan's point of view.

It had been two days since the party. Two days since the night we shared a kiss. As I suspected, he seemed to have no idea about this kiss and he didn't have any feelings for me. I had to accept that our moment was not real and that we were never going to happen. I knew I had to move on and find someone else.

Nick and Cayden's room. 

Cayden: Dude I kissed him! It has been two days he hasn't said anything.

Nick: Wait What?

Cayden: Yeah I kissed him when we got back to the dorm.

  Nick: Jake told me you kissed Dylan but I didn't believe him but shit.

Cayden: I wasn't even that drunk to be honest I wanted to kiss him more than anything.

Nick: Have you even tried talking to him yet? 

Cayden: No I am scared as hell. 

Nick: Why?

Cayden: I am afraid he wouldn't return the feelings for me.

Nick: You two drive me crazy figure your shit out!

Nick's point of view.

I wanted to help those two get together, but they were not willing to admit their feelings for each other. It was frustrating to carry the burden of their relationship on my shoulders. If they don't confess their feelings soon, I might lose my mind and do something drastic like jumping off a cliff.

Jake and Dylan's room.

Dylan: Jake help me!

Jake: No talk to him. 

Dylan: I am scared.

Jake: You two make no sense, Nick and I have been together for three years and you two could have been together longer if you just would figure your fucking shit out!

Dylan: It's not my fault he wouldn't admit his feelings.

Jake: Well you wouldn't admit yours either so your both idiots.

A few hours later Student lounge.

Cayden: Dylan!

Dylan: Hey what's up?

Cayden: Can I talk to you?

Dylan: No I am kind of running late for class.

Cayden: Nice try we have the same class and it doesn't start for another twenty minutes. 

Dylan: Okay so fine what do you want to talk about?

Cayden: I wasn't that drunk I remember kissing you. 

Dylan: Yeah I know and you were drunk but the feelings aren't mutual right?

Cayden: Why do you have to do this you have no idea how I feel about you and you wouldn't even let me get the words to tell you have I feel. 

Dylan: I know you don't like me back you don't have to lie to me I get it you are my best friend that's all you will ever be. 

Cayden: If that's really how you feel then I guess that's all we are.

Dylan: I guess so.

Cayden: Fine.

Dylan: Good.

General point of view. 

Loving someone who doesn't reciprocate your feelings can be a poignant and challenging experience. It's like navigating through a storm of unrequited emotions, where every smile from them feels like a fleeting sunbeam amidst dark clouds of uncertainty. Each moment spent together becomes both a source of joy and a reminder of unfulfilled desires. Yet, despite the ache of an unreturned affection, the heart stubbornly clings to hope, weaving dreams that may never materialize. It's a journey of longing, a delicate dance between holding on and letting go, where the bittersweet taste of unrequited love becomes a silent companion, a testament to the complexity of the human heart.

Cayden's Birthday. 

Texts between Cayden and Dylan. 

Dylan: Hey Happy birthday Cay!

Cayden: Thanks! Are we still doing the arcade thing or are you mad at me?

Dylan: I am not mad at you and of course,  will see you in an hour!

Cayden: Are you sure we are good?

Dylan: More than okay Cay!

Cayden: Okay see you in an hour.

End of conversation. 

Arcade.

Cayden: Dylan this place has new games let's go play!

Dylan's Point of View.

Cayden and I spent hours at the arcade. We ended up playing a couple of rounds of laser tag, and of course, I let Cayden win since it was his birthday. Usually, I wouldn't let him win. If you know anything about me, it's that I am a very competitive person, and so is Cayden. That is one of the main reasons why we are best friends. 

Cayden's point of view.

Even though Dylan and I disagreed, we managed to put our differences aside to celebrate my birthday tradition of going to the arcade. As usual, he let me win, which is something he always does on my birthday. We both have a competitive nature, and that's one of the main reasons why we are best friends. I have been hoping that we could become more than friends, but I don't want to rush something that I can't control. I want Dylan to know that my feelings for him are true and that I genuinely care about him and would never want to hurt him.

Friday afternoon. 

Cayden: Hey why was I told to pack by Nick for the beach?

Dylan: Because this is part two of your birthday celebration. 

Cayden: Are we going to your Aunt's shore house?

Dylan: Yes we are Nick said he would buy us Drinks and he and Jake are going to be joining us just thought it would be nice to get away from school for a few days. 

Cayden: Sounds like a nice plan. 

Dylan: Yeah. 

Cayden's point of view.

We were heading down to the shore, a place that held a lot of memories for Dylan and me. It was during our childhood that we spent a whole week there before starting high school. During that time, we shared our first kiss, as we both hadn't kissed anyone before and didn't want to enter high school without that experience. However, we both agreed not to talk about it ever again. This hurt me a lot because shortly after the kiss, I discovered that I had feelings for Dylan, who was Pan.

Nick: You fuckers Ready to go?

Cayden: Why do always have to be so mean to us?

Nick: I will stop being mean when you two lovebirds figure out your feelings and fucking get laid. 

Jake: Don't force them to have sex with each other if they aren't ready for that babe.

Nick: These two basically eye fuck each other every five minutes.

Dylan: We do not!

Nick: It's okay to admit your feelings boys!