RIVERS FIRST BIRTHDAY!! Pt.1

[Couple months later]

It was River's first birthday tomorrow, and Vanessa and Madelaine went all out to make it a special celebration. 

Vanessa walked outside to see Madelaine putting up the bounce house.

"Look at my baby setting up for my other baby," Vanessa said, walking closer to Madelaine.

"You know that bounce house is a handful, just making sure it works for tomorrow" Madelaine gestured towards it, pointing but walking towards Vanessa.

Vanessa gently grabbed Madelaine's face and planted a sweet kiss on her lips.

Vanessa said "Thank you, baby, for doing all this."

Madelaine replied, "No problem, I love that kid."

Vanessa noted, "And he loves you too," as she continued to hold Madelaine's face.

Curious about the child's whereabouts, Madelaine asked, "Where is he?" while wrapping her arms around Vanessa's waist.

Vanessa informed, "He's playing. I just changed him so we can go pick up the cakes," moving her arms around Madelaine's neck.

Realizing the time constraint, Madelaine advised, "Well, you better get going."

Vanessa responded, "I know. Oh, wait, you've got to see River's outfit my mom got it for him."

Vanessa grabs Madelaine's hand, pulling her inside into the living room. As they enter, they see River sitting up, fully engrossed in playing with a shark toy. 

Vanessa chuckles and picks him up, saying, "Hi, River! Let's show Mads your outfit." She turns River around to face Madelaine, his little face beaming with joy.

" She turns River around to face Madelaine, his little face beaming with joy

"Aw, he's so cute," Madelaine gushed, as Vanessa grinned in agreement. 

"I know, say thank you, Riv," Vanessa encouraged, River responded by smiling with a small wave Madelaine affectionately ruffled his hair, causing River to beam happily. 

"You're welcome, kid," Madelaine winked. As they prepared to leave, Vanessa gently urged River.

"Tell Mads bye, so we can get this cake." River obediently waved at Madelaine smiling.

Vanessa spoke affectionately, "We'll be back in a jiffy, baby!"

"Alright, bye Riv!" Madelaine waved farewell as Vanessa, and River walked out with River cradled in her arms.

After securing River in his car seat, Vanessa drove to Jessica's Cake Place. She parked the car, then carefully unbuckled her son, lifting him out of the backseat and into her arms. Together, they made their way inside the bakery.

Blair approached Vanessa with a warm smile. "Is that the wonderful Vanessa I see?" Blair asked.

"Hi Blair," Vanessa responded with a smile of her own.

Blair's attention then turned to River. "Is that the birthday boy?" Blair inquired.

Vanessa confirmed, "Yep, say hi." River waved enthusiastically, a big smile on his face.

Blair suggested, "Aw, well the cakes are ready and boxed. I'll help you with it to the car. River can stay in the playroom." Blair pointed towards where the playroom was located.

Vanessa walked over to the playroom and carefully placed River inside the playpen to ensure his safety while she was away.

Vanessa and Blair carefully loaded the boxed cakes into the car, ensuring they were secure for the ride. After a round of hugs and goodbyes, Vanessa waved one last time before getting inside the car. As she settled in, she could hear the sound of River, his gentle laughter in the back, Rivers toys were jiggling around.