RIVERS FIRST BIRTHDAY!! Pt.2

-Just pretend some of the stuff say Happy birthday River or River is turning one-

Vanessa walked inside the house holding River, announcing, "Mads, we're home!"

After shutting the door and realizing Madelaine wasn't inside, Vanessa went to the back door and called out, "Hi Mads!"

Madelaine looked up from dismantling the bouncy house and greeted them, "Hi guys."

Seeing that River was fussy and didn't want to be set down, Vanessa asked, "Can you hold him while I get the cake, he's being a cranky pants."

Madelaine walked over to Vanessa and reached out for River, saying, "Why are you being a cranky little man?"

Madelaine added, "You sure you don't want me to get it"

Concerned about adding to Madelaine's workload, Vanessa replied, "No, no, you've done enough, I'll get it." Then she walked away to retrieve the cakes.

Vanessa brought the cakes back inside, and Madelaine placed River into his playpen area.

"Wow, Nessa, the cake looks good," Madelaine said as Vanessa opened it to see what the cakes looked like.

"I know! Blair did such a great job, I'm speechless," Vanessa said, looking at the cakes.

THE CAKE'S

-Cake for everyone-

-Smash Cake for River-

Vanessa told Madelaine, "Okay, I need to put this in the fridge

Vanessa told Madelaine, "Okay, I need to put this in the fridge."

Madelaine kindly responded, "No, I'll do it. You have a lot of decorations to worry about. I'll come help when I'm done." She walked around the island to handle the task.

Before starting on the decorations in the living room, Vanessa showed her gratitude by kissing Madelaine's cheek.

[Night Time 🌙 Madelaine's Pov]

"Goodnight River" I said.

"Goodnight momma's boy" Vanessa said kissing him.

"Mama" River said.

"Did he just" Vanessa said, before looking at me.

I shook my head yes.

"That's right big boy, mama" Vanessa said losing her mind.

"Mama, mama" He said rubbing his eyes.

Vanessa picked up the little one, showered him with kisses, and then gently laid him back down. me and Vanessa made our way to the room.

"I can't believe he said 'mama'," I exclaimed, taking my shirt off as it was hot.

"I know! Now we just have to work on getting him to say 'mommy'," She remarked, settling on the bed. I climbed in right behind Vanessa. Vanessa snuggled closed.

"I'm so happy he said 'mama'. Even though I know you'd love for him to call you 'mommy', the fact that he said a word is such a special milestone," I expressed with a smile.

"I agree. Maybe 'mommy' is a bit challenging for him to say at the moment," Vanessa added.

They ended up drifting off to sleep.

I know it short 😬