Chapter 15

"It's a list of replacements for Zeus," he said quickly. "She has blatantly ignored my previous attempts to have this meeting with her."

Rose started shaking her head making Victor put his hand on her knee and give it a gentle squeeze. "She's made it very clear she is not ready for that."

"Besides he's still in very good health," Kota glared at the man. "He's only 13."

"I'm sorry Sir," Jim glared back, "but pit bulls live anywhere from 8 to 15 years. He only has a few more years left in him and he was supposed to retire three years ago. She's pushing it for the both of them. Now I have a list of puppies and young dogs that she really needs to start preparing for. It's for the best."

Zeus got up out of his bed and put his paws on her knees, shoving his face into her chest. She stood and shook her head then pointed to the door before rushing out of the room with Zeus right behind her. "You heard her, leave," Owen demanded as he stood. "Mr. Taylor Jr., Mr. Ravenstahl, please escort him off the premises and make sure he does not attempt to return."

"Let's go asshole," North grumbled as he clenched his fists beside him. "Fucking rude pushing something like that on her."

"I'm only trying to help her," Jim glared as he headed for the door. "She needs to face reality."

"She know," Raven glared as he flung open the door. "She know very well nyet need you shoving it in her face. She deal when she ready." Raven got in his face forcing him to take a step back, "Nyet come back here ever again. I Yevgency Ravenstahl," the man paled three shades lighter than his already white skin, "you come back, you call again, I make you disappear. I professional Russian."

North chuckled as they watched him turn and run to his car, nearly tripping over his feet. "I thought for sure he was going to piss his pants."

"Did," Raven smirked, "before open car door pants get darker. Idiot."

North shook his head then shut the front door and locked it before heading back into the living room. "She go to her art room?" North asked as he looked around. "I don't hear any music playing."

"No," Luke shook his head. "But Gabe is in there taking pictures."

"Why?"

Luke chuckled, "She made a little night sky paradise in her closet apparently." He popped some chocolate in his mouth and once he swallowed it, he continued, "found Silas in there with her talking about Greece when I went to let them know about the asshole. He was pointing at some of the stars and talking about some places you and him hung out at. It looked pretty cool what she did. Si said it glows in the dark. He's searching for her now. I'm going to go make her that chocolate shake I promised her."

North started walking down the hall and saw Sean standing in her doorway. Sean turned and put his finger to his lips. Nodding, he walked up to him and peered in. He forced himself not to chuckle when he saw Silas' foot sticking out from under her bed. He pushed past Sean and walked around the room, a smirk forming when he saw the very tip of Zeus' tail sticking out on the other side of the bed.

"Why don't you have any blankets or pillows down here, Angelos Mou?" He heard Silas ask. That meant she had to be in the middle of the underneath her bed. "If this is one of your safe places, then you need to be comfy down here." There was a slight shuffle then he heard Silas' chuckle, "no one will dare come bother us under here. I don't need to be any quieter. The gods and goddesses nor mere mortals can't see us, I promise. We're safe. Although I will have to sneak out to get the chocolate surprise Luke is making you for being so brave." There was a shuffle and he chuckled, "I'll have someone come lay with you until I find Luke and your surprise. It will be okay, I promise."

North walked back over to Sean and winked as they watched Silas slide out from under the bed. He smirked when he saw them standing in the doorway. "Everything okay?" Sean whispered as they followed Silas down the hall.

"She'll be fine," Silas nodded, "just needed a safe place to hide for a bit."

"Once she moves in with us, of course when she is comfortable, we will need to make a comfort room for her. It can have a bed, a tent, or something she can hide in but we can comfortably join or wait for her," Sean said as he took a seat on the couch. "Gabe will of course handle that for us since he has already gotten an idea of what she craves for grounding her."

"So since the ninja is making her a sweet snack and I am supposed to be looking for him, who is going to go lay with our queen who is currently hiding from everyone?" Silas smirked.

"Axel already beat us to it," Sean chuckled. "The moment you were talking to me, he took off. I suppose the alpha predator in him wants to hunt her down, but the daddy dom in him wants to protect her from her thoughts and fears."

Silas nodded, knowing Axel, he was probably telling her some Native American mythology to help distract her and reground her.

"Do you think she will regress?" Marc asked before taking a sip of the coffee he made. "I mean we've seen small pieces where she tried but her mind always prevents her from completely slipping."

"I think with everything she has been through, it's not surprising that she struggles with slipping," Owen said as he scrolled through emails on his phone. "I think once we are able to get her to believe our feelings towards her and finally make progress with our relationship we will be able to help her with that side of herself and any other side she may have." He tossed his phone on the table and let slip that millimeter smile of his, "I have a feeling she has a few more surprises in store for us."