four (requested)

"I still can't believe this is happening." Taylor smiled as she sat down on the edge of the bed. "She seems to be adjusting well already too."

"Yeah." You replied from inside the bathroom.

The door was only open a crack, just enough so you and Taylor could hear each other without having to raise your voices.

Down the hall is your daughter; the daughter you and Taylor have always hoped for.

It all seemed so surreal.

You and Taylor have dreamt of having a family for so long now but after trying IVF for a while without any luck, you both decided to adopt.

Now, you're both mothers to a little girl who bonded and adored you both from the day you first met.

"I just can't believe she's finally home with us. It's finalized, it's official. It's just amazing." Taylor smiled from ear to ear.

However, she didn't get a response from you, and she grew concerned right away.

"Baby? Are you alright?" She asked as she got up and walked across the room to the bathroom door.

She pushed it open with a racing heart, a little concerned as to what she might see.

But she was relieved to find that you were alright... or at least, she assumed.

You stood at the sink with tears in your eyes and as soon as the bathroom door creaked open, you held something behind your back.

"Hey." You smiled.

"Hey." She replied, eyebrows furrowed slightly. "Y/N, what's going on? You were so happy a little while ago. Is something wrong?"

She walked over to you as you sniffled and lowered your head slightly.

But when you lifted your head to gaze at her again, she saw that you were smiling from ear to ear.

"You're smiling and crying at the same time?" She giggled. "Oh, baby. I know it's all so exciting now that she's home with us and the adoption is finalized but don't cry."

She went to pull you into her arms but you shook your head and put your hand on her arm.

"I am very happy about that. This is everything we've been hoping for since IVF wasn't working. It's such a dream come true."

"Yeah." She softly spoke as she brushed her fingers along your arm.

"But that's not why I'm crying happy tears right now."

"Oh? Why then, baby?"

"Do you remember how a couple of weeks ago, before everything was finalized, we decided to try IVF one last time?"

She nodded, her blue eyes full of curiosity as she gazed at you.

"Well... how would you feel about becoming a family of four?"

Her eyes went wide and she gasped as she immediately caught on.

"Y/N...? Are you pregnant?"

You pulled the pregnancy test out from behind your back and nodded through the happy tears in your eyes.

"Oh, my god! This is incredible!" She laughed happily as she pulled you into her warm embrace.

"How amazing is that? We adopted and now we're having a baby too! We're going to have two sweet kids." You excitedly spoke.

"I'm so happy!" She said as she pulled away from the hug.

Kissing you a few times, she couldn't help but smile against your lips.

"Wow... two kids! We got to adopt a sweet daughter and give her a great home and now we're having a baby too. That's amazing!" She grinned as she stared at the test in awe.

"I love you so much." You spoke as you hugged her once more.

"I love you too, darling. Oh, wow," She paused as she rubbed your back and held you tight. "Dreams really do come true."

"Are you ready to be a family of four?"

"So ready." She replied, her lips brushing against your head.

"Me too."

She was right; dreams really do come true.

Because this is exactly what you and Taylor have always dreamt of and you're so grateful that it's all coming true, right in front of your eyes.