someone else writing a song about you leads to lover duet version (requested)

Author's Note: Gracie Abrams is the one mentioned in this chapter who wrote a song about Y/N. I was thinking about making it Ariana Grande but eventually decided to make it Gracie just because I think it suited the chapter a little better!

As someone who ADORES Gracie, I beg of you to not leave any negative comments about her for any reason. This chapter is not meant to bash or insult Gracie in any way. I don't believe she'd actually do something like this IRL. So stay kind in the comments. Thank you and I love you all!

——————————————————

"I can't believe this." Taylor scoffed as she scrolled through social media. "Look how many tweets are under this tag! They just keep on coming."

"Tay, I told you, you can't keep reading all of those tweets." You sighed before locking her phone and pulling it out of her grip.

Social media was not the place where she needed to spend her time right now.

Not when Gracie Abrams just put out a new song from her upcoming album.

But it wasn't just any song - it was a love song and one that Gracie confirmed she wrote about you.

Everyone is talking about it.

And by talking about it so much, that means that you're being talked about and so is Taylor, who some people aren't being so kind to as they tweet how much better off you'd be with Gracie instead of her.

Taylor has made it known just how in love she is with you.

She's written songs about you, she's talked about you in interviews, she's even posted about you on social media or leaves sweet little comments on her fan's posts when they talk about you, and she's mentioned you at some of the shows on the eras tour before dedicating surprise songs like Ours, invisible string, paper rings, and Paris to you.

It's clear how much you mean to her and how truly in love she is with you.

She thought the world knew that by now.

So to hear people say that you should be with Gracie instead of her broke her heart because she's always writing songs about you and it seems to be going unnoticed when compared to Gracie's one love song about you.

"I just can't believe this." She mumbled. "Why is one of my friends writing a love song about you? My girlfriend! You're my girl. I'm the only one that should be writing love songs for you."

"If it makes you feel better, your songs about me are still my favorites." You said and kissed her cheek, bringing a little smile to her face.

"I know that what people say shouldn't bother me anymore. But it's different when it's about you. Gracie is a great songwriter and she deserves respect and praise for that. But hearing people say that she's better for you than I could ever really hurts my heart."

"Baby, those people don't matter. Those are people who like to find any excuse they can to dislike you. The only reason they're saying those things is because they don't like you. But that's just too damn bad. Because I love you. There's no one else in this world that I want to be with. You have my heart, Tay. People can write love songs about me all they want but unless they're written by you, they mean nothing to me. I'm in love with you. Only you."

Her smile grew and she stared adoringly into your eyes before leaning in for a kiss.

"I have an idea."

"What's going on in that genius brain of yours now, cutie?"

She giggled as she brushed her fingers along your back.

"We should do a duet of Lover together."

"You want to sing that with me?"

"Yeah, I do. I'm in love with you too, so deeply in love. I could write a thousand songs about that and I probably will. But, maybe, we could sing a duet of Lover together instead. You know how much I love your voice and you post covers online sometimes of you singing. People tell you all the time that they want to hear you sing more. Why don't we sing together?"

Your heart swelled as you began to think about and after taking a moment to debate it, you agreed.

"I'd love that!"

"Yeah?" She grinned. "Me too. Tomorrow, you're coming to the studio with me and we'll start working on it."

"I can't wait! Singing Lover with my lover sounds like a dream come true." You spoke before kissing her lips lovingly.

"It's going to be so amazing." She spoke against your lips before turning you on your back as she deepened the kiss.