Chapter 91

Remember to VOTE and leave a comment on this chapter!!!

Ethan's POV

Friday 9:00 AM

"Welcome back Mr. Cunningham," the receptionist greets me brightly.

"Thank you, Shanique, it feels good being back. How are you and the family?" I ask.

"We're doing good Sir, thanks for asking," she grins.

I smile at her and head upstairs, greeting everyone that I pass. They seem excited to see me, I wonder if it's genuine.

I head straight to Kim's office and stand at the door looking at her. She's on a phone call and has yet to look up at me.

Three seconds later she finally raises her head, "Mr. Swinton, let me call you back...ok, I will," she says and ends the call.

"Ethan!" She exclaims happily and runs over to me. She hugs me and I return her embrace.

"Oh unu really happy fi see mi," I comment.

"Ethan, you are such an asshole," she drags me into the office and locks the door.

"No bother cuss mi," I say and sit on the small sofa to the left of her office.

"How yuh fi just dash mi inna d water fi drown so?" She puts her hands on her hips and taps her feet.

I burst out laughing, she's so damn short and feisty.

"Yuh short like," I comment, and she rolls her eyes at me.

"I never doubted you one bit and see the place is still standing," I grin and stretch out on the sofa.

"Yuh gwaan man," she points at me and walks to her seat.

"Thank you," I say genuinely. I am grateful for her help when I desperately needed it.

"Yuh must thank God seh mi love yuh enuh," she laughs.

"I was banking on that," I grin.

"I haven't even gotten a chance to come see Trish, I can't wait to rub her belly," she clasps her hand happily.

"So, T couldn't mek me tell yuh mi self?" I ask.

"Yuh too nuff," she laughs.

"Mi cyaan help it," I grin.

"Yuh know seh a whole heap mi have fi cuss yuh bout Ethan, look how yuh nearly kill Omar, you messed up his ribs, gave my husband a black eye and then disappeared, not being there for Alex and worse Trish," she states.

"Mi know, mi know, mi know, the idea of anyone touching T drives me crazy and I can't help it. Mi fix tings wid mi bredda dem still but yes, mi know a fuckry mi gwaan wid," I confess.

"I guess that's why they went to see the doctor," she rolls her eyes and I sit up straight.

"Wah yuh a talk bout?" I question.

"Nothing," she smirks at me.

"A cyaan mi yuh a deal wid so Kim," I say.

She laughs, "Yeah like how yuh pick up yuh self and gone, not even seh nothing to mi. Think mi and yuh did closer dan dat," she replies.

"No do mi dat Kim, mi head never inna a good place, yuh cyaan hold dat against me."

Since she started working for me, she and I have gotten close. We talk about everything and we don't keep secrets. It's good to have her to talk to because as a wife she knows everything and I can talk to her about things that I'm not allowed to talk to T about.