Chapter 101

Remember to VOTE and leave a comment on this chapter!!!

Shanya's POV

He laughs loudly "close your mouth, Shanya."

"Did you ever try to move on?" I ask.

"Move on, no, but I'm a man Shanya, I have needs so I discreetly get that handled but from then till now Lillian has my heart. I know right now she probably wants to kill me but she's still my queen," he grins.

"Yes, because what you did to Alex was very cruel Pop," I tell him seriously.

"I know but I would never do anything to hurt him, I just needed to teach him a lesson and fulfil a task at the same time," he chuckles.

"I know about you and Uncle Cleon," I reveal, catching him off guard.

He's quiet for a few seconds, "you were always very clever, were you the one that hacked my accounts?" He questions, not breaking eye contact.

I look into his eyes, "I may be clever but I'm not a computer genius," I reply, and he nods.

"Why?" I ask.

"Mhmmm, we're getting to the reason why you brought me out here," he grins, "Shanya, my son cut me out of his life a second time and I didn't appreciate that. When you left with my granddaughter, I was hurt because I knew I wouldn't have the privilege of seeing her grow.

What cut me to the core was when I learnt that everyone had a role to play in her guardianship agreement except me. I couldn't understand what I ever did to deserve this kind of treatment from those whom I consider family.

I wasn't invited to her christening; I'm never invited to much and I have to complain constantly for my son to even come and look for me. I was hopeful that with the birth of Lexi, he would move back to the States and that is what he promised me but then he went back on his word and that is what hurt me," he sighs.

I touch his arm, "It's not Alex's fault, I loved being there with you, I enjoyed our talks, your guidance and your company but after I had the baby you became overbearing.

Now that I look back at it, I can see that you were just trying to help but in that moment, I was questioning my skills as a mom, I was depressed and felt responsible for everything that was happening with her.

You kept interfering and I couldn't bond properly with my baby. It seemed as if everything I did was being questioned and I really needed my mother and family. I left without Alex's knowledge, and he followed me. I explained how I was feeling, and he decided to stay here with me.

To be fair, he wasn't pleased with how I went about it and he did say that we would need to find a workable solution because he needed to be close to you.

Pop, when it came to the guardianship of our daughter, we discussed it at length and we didn't rush our decision. We couldn't put you as her legal guardian because we didn't want her growing up in America, we want her to grow here.

My mother has the time on her hands to take care of her, she's a great mother and we know that she will love and care for Lexi so we appointed her. Lilli is busy so we couldn't assign Lilli to be in charge of her daily care but we didn't want any one person to have one hundred percent say over her life so we assigned a joint guardianship.

We knew that as her grandfather you would provide for her but you are a busy man and wouldn't have the time to take care of her and to be frank I don't want tutors to grow my child.

I want her to have an ordinary childhood away from the responsibilities that await her in adulthood. I felt that you wouldn't give her that and I wasn't willing to compromise on that.