𝔸𝕔𝕥 𝕆𝕟𝕖: 𝕊𝕔𝕖𝕟𝕖 𝟙𝟛

The crowd around us erupted in loud screams as Nam Joo-hyuck winked at me. 

For a moment I had thought that everyone is staring at me and goggling their eyes at me. But then my hearing slowly started returning back to me and I realized that the screaming and whispers is due to delusional fangirls. 

"Oh my god! I think he winked at me," Emily hears the girl sitting directly behind her say. 

"Don't be ridiculous. He doesn't know you," Another girl said, "Probably me. I knew that facial this morning would pay off."

Emily couldn't help herself and looked backwards to see the girl who had just spoken and saw that the girl was biting her lip while looking at Joo-hyuck, touching her hair seductively. 

Emily inwardly cringed. 

"I head his ex girlfriend is also hear. Maybe they got back together," Emily heard someone else say loudly. 

"Is she pretty? Oh my gosh, who did he wink at!" Another person said. 

"Who knows. I just need to see this bitch's face. She can't be prettier than me," Someone else replied. 

Oh. My. God. 

Emily felt her face flush as she continued to hear the numerous theories floating around her. Luckily, everyone seemed to have noticed that he was looking at Emily and are busy fantasizing or trying to figure who the girl is. 

Unfortunately, Emily has three very observant friends of whom she could feel hot stares at the side of her face and Emily knew instantly that they know exactly who Joo-hyuck was looking at. 

"Come on," Emily mumbled, "Let's go."

She wanted to get out of here fast before anyone could figure out it is her. It's already enough attention that she knows Joo-hyuck, if they figure out he winked at her, the girls will quite literally kill her.  Regardless of whether she made a national record or not. 

Emily got up and walked out, not really bothering to wait and check if her friends are following her, partly because she knew they will follow her either way. Besides, if they don't get out on time properly now then they will get stuck with the large crowd trying to get out at once. 

"Don't you want to see the medal ceremony?" Jia whispered, directly behind her. 

Emily shook her head and said, "I've seen plenty of medal ceremonies. They aren't that big of a deal."

Emily did want to stay and see the medal ceremony but she also feels as if her mind has been all jumbled up and confused and she wants to go some place quiet to sort out her thoughts. 

Alas, Emily was ambushed by her friends as soon as they stepped out in the hallway. 

"Did he just wink at you?" Soyeon asked but it came out more like a statement of shock. 

"Uh-" Emily started nervously, not knowing how to reply. 

Nana took in the stead for her, "Of course he did. Who else would he wink at?"

"Well you heard that girl. His ex is also here, isn't she?" Soyeon said. 

Yejune probably was there but Emily does not remember seeing her inside at all. In fact she doesn't recall coming across Yejune ever since she stormed out of the locker room after yesterday's match and didn't even show up for the medal ceremony. Delayed the process and made much more gossip. 

"No. I don't think Joo-hyuck and Yejune are back together," Emily spoke up without even realizing. 

"So he did wink at you!" Soyeon exclaimed as if Emily just confirmed the news herself.