𝔸𝕔𝕥 𝕆𝕟𝕖: 𝕊𝕔𝕖𝕟𝕖 𝟙𝟝

It's been ten minutes since the interviews have began and yet either of her Coaches were to come into attendance. It's not as if she requires their assistance in answering questions but its more to with the fact that they were acting so weirdly before. 

At least Joo-hyuck was there to bring her mood up. Emily smiled without even realizing. 

She wonders what are they now? 

Boyfriend and Girlfriend? 

Suddenly it seemed silly to even think about stupid things like this as if she is a teenager when she is nearly twenty-one.

Feeling a sharp jab on her leg, Emily turned around in the direction of Yejune, who was sitting calmly and staring straight ahead at the reporters as if she just didn't purposefully kick Emily in the leg. 

It took Emily a good ten seconds to realize someone had just asked her a question that she has so clearly failed to listen to. 

"Uhm-" Emily cleared her throat and leaned in forward a bit, "I'm sorry. Could you please repeat that."

To her horror, Emily realized that she didn't even know which reporter had asked her the question, so really she was looking in a random direction and hoping a reporter would speak up from that area. 

Luckily, heavens seemed to be on Emily's side today and a silver haired female from the second row smiled and brought up the mic to her face. 

"You seem a bit distracted today, Ms.Kim," The reporter asked. 

Emily lets out an awkward laugh, hoping it comes out natural, and says, "Please excuse me. I'm just a bit...tired."

"Of course," The reporter replied, "After all, that was an impressive swim. My question was, You have only been part of National Team for about eight to nine months now, so would you credit your training leading up to this tournament to your Coach at the National Center or to your coach here at Sebong University? Considering how you seem to spend great time training at both places."

"Uh-" Emily pondered over like an idiot. 

It was an excellent question, one that required quick wit and skill and unfortunately, judging by that venomous smile, the reporter seemed to have caught Emily in the exact confusion she had been hoping for. 

"If I am to be honest," Emily started, recovering herself, "I cannot just credit my swim today to a single person. Both of my coaches have taught me a great deal with my individual time with them and both of my coaches have always believed and trusted me. I have also learnt a great deal at the National Center, swimming alongside Korea's greatest swimmers, so really, my success today is a combination of all the people whom have contributed towards my swimming."

Seeming to be satisfied with Emily's answer, the reporter nodded and let out a small sigh of relief as she thought the reporter will sit down, but then she spoke up again, "Well when you say-sorry, may I ask another question?"

Emily nodded. It's not as if she had any other option anyways. 

"When you say your success is a combination of all the people whom have contributed towards my swimming, do you also mean to include your coach from America?" The reporter asked. 

Emily blinked, completely thrown back by the unexpected question and she feels the blood in her veins go cold as her heart begins to beat irrationally fast. 

"I beg your pardon?" Emily said as if she did not hear the question when she clearly did but it was more to make sure Emily is not hallucinating and that the reporter just asked what she did. 

"I mean to ask, would you include your coach from America-"

"Former coach," Emily corrected.